1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zero Net Jobs Added in August

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by sappstuf, Sep 2, 2011.

1. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

2. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah, but all that's gonna be fixed on thursday.

3. REDREX

REDREX New Member

Why is anyone surprised?

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

So... is everything we all learned in economics class wrong?

Why I'm asking:

We were in a recession when President Obama took office. Economics is supposed to be cyclical, where recessions turn around because the reactions to recession often combat the causes... currency inflation goes down, leading to higher purchasing power for consumers. Employers and employees are no longer in the constant upward cycle of higher prices lead to higher wages, which lead to higher prices, which lead to higher wages, so prices come down, leading to increased purchasing. With decreased employment, government programs assist the unemployed in finding work or in making ends meet, pumping more money into the economy.

... Where exactly has economics class gone wrong? Why is the economy not cycling back outta recession yet?

I mean, I assumed that's what President Obama was counting on when he took office, similar to what Gov. Brad Henry was dealing with when he took office. As you may recall:

1- Henry takes office as we are slashing state budgets for everything left and right.

2- The economy turns around.

3- By the time he is up for re-election, we had just put as much into the rainy day fund as the state allowed, fully funded education and other initiatives AND cut taxes. All in the same budget year.

It was sure-fire thing to get Gov. Henry re-elected. Is this what President Obama anticipated, that the economy would solve itself as it usually does, and he could be campaigning on how every bad fortune we faced when he took office was now a thing of the past?

5. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I thought the reason for the tax breaks for the wealthy and the big Corporations was so they would create more jobs.

5-0

Trump/ Pinky 2012

6. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

Obama did the exact opposite. He passed the stimulus and blew up annual federal spending. On top of that he increased the cost of business by passing Obamacare and vast new regulatory requirements.

Since businesses do not know the true cost of expanding, they would rather sit on the sidelines rather than risk money at the wrong time. That is why you see record profits, but nobody is hiring.

OULenexaman likes this.
  7. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Your thoughts don't count no more because your always wrong with your assumptions and you have proved to be an liberal hack...

SoonerInTN likes this.
  8. oumartin

oumartin New Member

Maybe the cycle will start when prices start to come down. They continue to go up

9. hawaii 5-0

It sure is sweet to have my own special Troll following me around with personal attacks. Your life's purpose is realized. Carry on.

5-0

Trump/ Perry's limpwrist 2012

10. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Actually, prices are being held in check by slow demand...when the world's economy picks up you will then be able to talk about prices climbing...

11. pphilfran

You got the start of a good Posse....

12. hawaii 5-0

I think Turd's a little sweet on me.

5-0

Trump/ Yoni 2012

13. pphilfran

He can't resist someone living in a little grass shack...

14. hawaii 5-0

Back on topic.......it's strange that private sector jobs increased while public sector jobs decreased and the Net was still Zero.

5-0

Trump/ Zeke 2012

15. Position Limit

Position Limit New Member

his assumptions on tax breaks for the wealty (your nowhere close to wealty) dont belong to the liberal hack group. this assumption of job creation is worn like a thorny crown from the hack group that you so embarrassingly reside in. it seems all of your rebuttals are static, shallow, and not very creative. common traits among your ilk. now i fully expect a personal attack and if im really lucky you'll include a very worn out talking point. at any rate it will be highly unoriginal. does your employer allow you to listen to rush from your cubical?

16. pphilfran

It is not really surprising..

States ain't got no money = layoffs

Low consumer confidence = slow spending = slow job growth

17. hawaii 5-0

I know the Oil business is booming but what about the other big corporations that are getting sweet tax cuts. Shouldn't they be hiring?

5-0

Trump/ Perry's smegma 2012

18. Position Limit

Position Limit New Member

you're too smart to belive the fox news talking point of businesses too afraid to expand or hire because of obamacare or blah blah blah. employment is not coming back for a long, long time. the CDS, mortgage backed market and all of its trimmings was a bubble bigger than we can comprehend. it's bursting will take a long time to recover from. and while that time is passed, compaines will continue with higher productivity and effiency models advanced by technology. until the next bubble is created and funded by wall street, 9% unemployment and crappy asset growth will be the norm. but have faith, the street has more than one way to skin a cat. in the world of global economies, this country's markets cant compete without a good ole american made bubble. until then, own the volatility and enjoy the ride. or just tune into fox for your next move.

19. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This is probably because you never learned about the concept of a liquidity trap.

20. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I don't Fox News unless I'm visiting someone else's house... someone older and more Republican than me, yes. Cable news be teh succ.

One thing that amuses me about the state of markets is that investors seem desperate to cram whatever they can out of this market... but panic at the first sign of trouble (a new hiring report, or a starz deal with netflix falling through, for example). On non-panic days, however, those markets just tick back up and people hope to keep making a few more bucks.

Not sure I could handle being a stock market game player. You almost have to be up 24 hours a day, waiting for that hint of trouble so you know when to sell before everyone else does.