1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You Need One 3-Pointer...

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by tru2ou, Mar 15, 2007.

1. BigRedJed

BigRedJed Mmm... ...ribs.

I've got to go with Hollis, but Mookie was a great one. You couldn't go wrong with either. Maybe I should run down the hall and ask David Little who he'd pick.

2. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

do it.

3. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

Well... just tell him his name came up under this topic. I used to love watching that guy drain the long shots with a hand right in his face. It usually happened when the Sooners needed a score the most too!

4. BigRedJed

Well, I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Unlike me, he doesn't work too late. Must have something to do with some of the huge lawsuits he's won.

5. LittleWingSooner

LittleWingSooner New Member

Mookie was a great player. One of the best to ever play at OU. But for a last shot of any kind I would take Hollis.

6. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And, yes, the fact that I looked like Seiger means that I did have a mullet.

BigRedJed likes this.
  7. BigRedJed

8. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

Dammit, beat me to it. :D

9. soonerndn

soonerndn New Member

I'm going with 'Ski.

10. GoState

GoState New Member

Freakin' David Little. I still remember when he put up a last second shot from way out against us for the win in 1983ish. He played before the three...but I have no doubt he would've made a crap ton of them if it were available to him back then.

For the question at hand though, I'd go for Hollis Price as well. He was one hell of a competitor. I'd want the ball in his hands in closing seconds of a tight game.

11. fwsooner22

fwsooner22 New Member

BO Overton............

All you guys using girls as an answer.....thats a smaller ball they are tossing up....never forget that it is only a level playing field until they need something........like a smaller ball.

12. Paperclip

Paperclip SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It wasn't that far out. Maybe 10 feet.

13. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

it was about halfway between the top of the key and the FT line, kind of a leaner.

14. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This brings up an interesting point. If we have time to run a set play, I might lean more toward Seiger or 2005-06 Michael Neal.

If we're just scrambling to get it off, Hollis.

In either scenario, I'd like the ball in Hollis' hands in the closing seconds. If the set play works, pass it off. If it doesn't, he was actually pretty good at shooting the three off the dribble.