1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YOU GO, Stanford Women!

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!, Apr 6, 2008.

1. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Stop those TN women from making a laughing stock out of women's college basketball!

Soonerus likes this.
  2. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

TN was kind of lucky tonight...47 points and they win ????

3. AllAboutThe'O'

AllAboutThe'O' SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm pulling for Stanford, too. Tenn. was too darn lucky tonight and LSU, which was my pick to win the national championship FWIW, blew it with a bevy of missed FT's and blown easy layups. If Tenn. plays Tuesday like it did tonight, Stanford runs them out of the building.

4. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

After the crap Vanderveer spouted about Sherri a few years back, all I can say is (& I feel dirty for saying it, but I can shower later) GO VOLS.

5. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

OMG, I didn't hear about what Vanderveer said about Sherri...WAIT, don't tell me. I still don't want TN to win ANOTHER FREAKIN' CHAMPIONSHIP!

6. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

Nor do I. That's the reason I said I'd shower if it happened. It's just the lesser of 2 evils to me. As for what Vanderveer said, I'm in a bit of a rush & don't have time to type it all out, but the below link is pretty much spot on:

http://ouinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55231

7. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

Why does everybody hate Tennessee???

8. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Why do you think anybody hates TN?

9. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Me no like Stanferd cuz they make fun of our Sooners go to heell Stanferd they beat our wimmens to often this decade i'm surprized none yall remember those disappointin loses to those cardinals, scuze me cardinal anyways you guys remember those there stacey dales-sans-schumann years before the final four nat'l champeenship game year and remember those stanferd loses at home that ended those seasons remember the dionna jaxon year that we had the chance to play for the final four at home and then stanferd blows us away ending our season once again remember the paris froshie year when stanferd once again wins ending another season that could have been great 4 us remember those years sooners and tells me that you want stanferd to get teh win nowz?! y nows when theys beat us so many times thens?! TELLS ME Y NOWS!!!!

...when I'm irritated I lose all sense of grammar and spelling. Go Tennessee, get another title, if it means Stanford loses. LOL at them for losing to a #16 seed Harvard last year, LOL at them when they lose to Rocky Top this year. I know Phil Fulmer is satan for turning in our Bama friends and Bruce Pearl is satan part two for turning in our Illinois... fellow Indians? Umm... and I also know that Pat Summit is she-devil satan part 3 for being a cranky, older and not as attractive version of Sherri Coale that beats us in the regular season, but that's the key: REGULAR season. NOT post season, REGULAR season. To quote Allen Ivenson, "We're talking about practice, not an actual game, we're talking about practice."

Go Tenn, screw you, SU.

10. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Your points are valid. But, TN just has FAR too many NC's already. IMO the worst offense possible, unless you are the Oklahoma Sooners.

11. badger

ooo diss so much for those there complaints that wimmen's bball isnt any good cuz they cant dunk like the mens can. tenn CAN dunky so that means stanferd's funky lol. you just need a re-ejumakashun thats all

U WIL CHEER 4 ROCKY TOP
    U WIL CHEER 4 ROCKY TOP

damit i need to werk on my re-ejumacashun skilz lol

12. Jimminy Crimson

Jimminy Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't like Stanford because their coach is one ugly dude.

Fugue likes this.
  13. badger

Thank goodness, someone has remembered Stanford's bad side besides me so I can go back to speaking normally ;)

Tara VanDerveer has a fun name, yes, but I do recall her players being very nasty at the games we've played them in, with tons of elbows, shoving and thuginess that could rival Baylor's (and as of recently, Oklahoma State's). In an effort to make this thread worthless, I should not include pics, but then again, I'll be good sport about it in hopes that this pic reawakens some of your Stanford hatred.
    [​IMG]
    There, a nice big mug to remind you about all the calls against CP3, remind you about all the non-calls when we had Dionna Jackson and the disappointing loss when we had Stacey Dales (sans Schumann).

My first year at OU, I was kind of hoping to play Stanford in the Elite Eight when our site was out in Boise, Idaho. Colorado beat Stanford, so we ended up playing them (winning by about 40 and going to the Final Four, it was 2002) instead, but I was hopeful of getting to experience the infamous Stanford band, meet the Stanford tree (which I ended up doing anyway before our Sweet 16 game - another 40-ish killing) and such. Every single other student that wasn't a stupid freshman like me was like "No, Stanford is awful. Stanford plays dirty and so does their band. Stanford beat us last year..." So there you have it.

One more lasting shot:
    [​IMG]
    :D go tennessee

14. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

I saw OU wimmen lose to Stanford in a regional played here in Tempe a few yrs ago(Higgins was a freshman, I think). I was naive and clueless about "The Tree" mascot, until I saw it at halftime. The performance was the disgust we've all come to know from the Stanford Tree...
    NO MATTER. Thugs beat TN, and pierce their delusion of invincibility!

15. badger

Yeah, that was my junior year, when we had an enjoyable tourney stop instead of a snowy one, lol. Remember when Top Dawg (I miss you, I miss you, I miss you so much, COME BACK and STAY this time!) urinated on the tree and then started dancing circles around it while grasping its ears? We told the student inside she had to do that if the tree tried to start anything (she initially declined... but then obviously had a change of heart). The officials separated the two mascots shortly after, not that they were going to start punching or anything. It was all in fun.

This year has kind of been a disappointment overall :( I mean, we had the Paris twins back for a third year, so we had high expectations. Jenna proved last year she was a super freshman, so we were expecting more from her. Sherri had another solid recruiting class and was the president of the coach's association, so we were expecting more from her, too.

Alas, when the conference season started, it was obvious that it was not our year. Turnovers, turnovers, and more turnovers made sure of that. Coale seemed to lose that "death stare" that made players recoil in fear if they screwed up which became more of a "passive stare" or just "sad stare" it seemed.

The back stabby wound of it all was OSU's success. Yes, it is good for the Big 12 and the state to have another good team here, but the fact that our expectations were not met, coupled with an early tourney exit again was a little hard to take.

As such, it is easy to think back to those other years of almost-success, which almost every year was ended by a certain tree hugging team. It was depressing, it was unbearbale, it was awful to see our team lose over and over to these annoying hippies.

Thus, rather than be in a state of denial, trying to forget that those depressing losses happened, it is easier to just shut off the... grammer and spelink parts of teh brainz when it seem tat others forgit those icky loses and all the evilness that is stanferd basketball... but good to know that you were there to witness one of the past Stanford disappointments so I'm not alone in that regard. Now, if only I can convince you how wonderful it would be to see them lose :O

16. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

VERY nice try, Badg! I agree with you on everything except the "I, therefore conclude" part. You Go Vanderwarts!

17. redpurple

redpurple New Member

lsu tennessee was the best wb game ive ever seen

18. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

??? Neither team could hit diddly from the field or the freethrow line, and LSU went brain-dead at the end....???

19. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

I saw the last 10 minutes of the game, and what a yawner it was. Stanford looked scared, and TN looked the bullies they are. Bigger, stronger and badder than the poor Trees. It was brutal under the bsket. TN is the SUC of women's bball, able to recruit absolutely anyone they want.

20. badger

It looks like its just you and me that care, Rush :D

I watched bits of the game here and there - American Idol was awful last night, but NP and I are huge Hell's Kitchen fans, so we only saw a few minutes. Each time we turned to the game, Stanford was way behind.

I really don't mind Tennessee winning. They've never done anything to us and if anything, they've helped raise awareness to the awesomeness that is women's basketball and encouraged rising coaches like Sherri Coale to take on the college game a promote a great atmosphere for the game in the Big 12 and in the state of Oklahoma.

Yes, they are title hogs, but so is our football team ;) They had a bit of a title drought for awhile, so two in a row is still less than UConn in recent years. I think the last time they were title dominant was under some Chamique Holdsclaw girl (I'm probably spelling her name wrong, but I remember her because she wore a Knicks jersey on the cover of a basketball magazine).

I wasn't overly impressed with either team, as I think OU could have beaten both of them (yes, even the nemesis tree huggers). The reason I say this is because the teams were really slow compared to Mighty Mouse herself leading the team down the court. This was definitely something we lacked last year when Ole Miss outpaced us and ousted us from the tourney. So in that respect, perhaps we improved, but we just didn't improve as much as other teams???

I don't know. The fact remains that just like I wasn't happy till we beat Iowa State finally (and we beat them in an off-year for us, so that was cool), I won't be happy until we finally beat Stanford, but I will smirk whenever they lose.

Therefore, I smirk at you Stanford :)

And I salute Tennessee... but someday, we shall have more championships than you. :D