1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yankees currently reminding the rest of the league...

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by GDC, Apr 3, 2006.

1. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn 'Spek, out.

Almost got a no-hitter on the same night as Sanchez. That would have been ironic.

2. GDC

GDC New Member

Yankees will probably end up with the best record in the AL, and maybe overall if the Mets slow down any. It also looks like Jeter may win the batting title and MVP. Wang has to be considered for the Cy Young.

3. r5TPsooner

r5TPsooner New Member

I hate to admit it, but Jeter is a hitting machine this year. If he keeps it up he should win the MVP going away with Ortz on the shelf.

GDC likes this.
  4. GDC

GDC New Member

I agree, and Torre should be manager of the year.

5. r5TPsooner

r5TPsooner New Member

How do you baseball fans feel about a pitcher winning the MVP award? I personally think that the Cy Young award is there MVP award.

6. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

I don't have a problem with it if the year's good enough. If a guy goes out & pulls say, a '78 Guidry (25-3, 1.74 ERA w/ 9 shutouts) & leads them to a title, then so be it. He was definitely the Yanks MVP that year (no batter for NY hit 30 HR's or drove in 100 runs, & only Piniella broke .300), & as far as I'm concerned, every bit as deserving as Rice was. The thing is, with today's 5 man rotations, plus the pitch count being watched as closely as it is, that type of year is next to impossible to attain. Heck, to date this year, C.C. Sabathia leads the major leagues with all of FIVE complete games, & nobody has more than TWO shutouts.

7. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn 'Spek, out.

That has to be Leyland.

8. r5TPsooner

r5TPsooner New Member

Damn, you're right. For some odd reason I always forget about him.

9. GDC

GDC New Member

The Tigers are fading and will do nada in the playoffs, guaranteed.

10. GDC

GDC New Member

Best record in the AL now

11. trwxxa

trwxxa New Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2582790

Interesting comments. I might be willing to listen if he put on a glove every now and then.

I suspect ESPN will come up with its own "Most Valuable Hitter" award at the next ESPY's just so he can walk away with something.:rolleyes:

12. GDC

GDC New Member

I think they should call him "Big Pussy" instead of "Big Papi", what a crybaby.

13. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The fact that Papi is even worried about this probably helps explain why Boston folded their tent after that 5-game sweep.

GDC likes this.
  14. GDC

GDC New Member

TopDawg sighting!:D

15. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Seriously did Abreu just just bat in 7 runs yet somehow manage to leave 5 LOB :p Abreu is totally not choking in New York

16. Gandalf_The_Grey

And do the Cubs actually have 6 errors!!

17. GDC

GDC New Member

He was just a few feet from ten or so RBIs.

[​IMG]

18. r5TPsooner

r5TPsooner New Member

If the Yankees had more than 1-2 decent starters, they'd be unbeatable.

Of course, they had better hope that the Angels fail to make the playoffs because they have owned the Yanks as of late.

GDC likes this.
  19. GDC

GDC New Member

Wang, Moose, Unit

I was thinking the same thing.

20. Gandalf_The_Grey

I think we just had a Soonerfans.com first. The words, Wang, Moose, and Unit all used in the same post

GDC likes this.