1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**World Cup Thread**

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by Jeopardude, Jun 8, 2006.

1. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2. Jeopardude

Jeopardude Active Member

Good move for everybody. I hope we land the German coach and not end up with soccer's version of ***************. :D

3. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

there was an article in the NY Times earlier last week that seemed to confirm (from Zidane family members) at minimum the insult to ZZ's Algerian heritage.

FWIW.

4. birddog

i hope it's not bob bradley or mooch myrenick. i wouldn't mind sigi schmidt because he's got alot of international experience with the u-21 national team and he's familiar with alot of players from other countries because of the youth championships. actually, if i recall correctly, the u-21's had a good showing there, reaching the semi's before losing to lionel messi and argentina last summer.

5. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Klinsmann has already said he's not interested in the USA job (a day or two ago).

6. Scott D

Juventus, Lazio, and Fiorentina have all been relegated to Serie B by the Tribunal.

Juventus' penalty is the equivalent of the Yankees being sent to Triple A baseball and having their standings adjusted as to finish toward the bottom of the league to start the next two seasons.

7. birddog

well, he's got plenty of time to change his mind. they want to name someone fairly soon but i imagine they will wait until they are absolutely certain that he won't sign on. qualifying doesn't start til 2008 so i'm not sure what the rush is. they said bruce will continue to coach the team until someone is named.

8. birddog

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5784656

seems klinsmann is the overwhelming favorite, as he should be. also, why the hell would we ever turn down a chance to play in copa america? it looks like we might be reconsidering and may be in the '07 copa america in venezuela. that'd be some sweet action.

9. Scott D

I voted for Hiddink....I'd love Klinsmann to be the coach, but I don't see him being interested in coaching for probably about 2 years.

10. birddog

i know, the world cup is over, but our former world cup coach is now the main man at new york red bulls.