1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

With Vince gone, Bomar is #1 ?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by ftworthfox, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Didn't know that....

Kansas QB = sucks however it is......make up your mind Mangino, a 4 QB system won't get it done fat boy!!! :)

2. jreed13

jreed13 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Just about every college coach in the nation. Even our very own Bob Stoops. In fact tens of thousands of scholarship dollars hinge on preformances in those camps. There are tons of recruiting websited that make millions of dollars of sharing tidbits of information to millions of subscribers about what those recruits do in the camps. Id say thats a pretty good list of people who care Nick.

3. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

Just because someone was so great in HS doesn't mean they'll be great in College. Wasn't Hickson the best back in Texas the year Benson and Joseph Addai came out of Texas?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  4. jreed13

:dolemite:

5. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

Sorry I fixed it. I bet if you were to look at the top 10 from each class in the last decade you would never have heard of half the top 10 players from each class.

6. RooseveltRoughRider

RooseveltRoughRider New Member

First off...being an avid Texas HS Football fan...

WHO IN THE HELL IS HICKSON?

Cedric Benson was the Running Back on the team that won State in class 5A 3 years in a row. (Midland Lee).
    I would think that he was the top back..when he wasn't smoking weed

7. OUthunder

OUthunder Angry Bird

Meyer is a tad overrated IMO.

8. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

Sorry I fixed it. I bet if you were to look at the top 10 from each class in the last decade you would never have heard of half the top 10 players from each class.

9. MiccoMacey

MiccoMacey Well-Known Member

Yes, and no. Comparing them today is only fair.

But even according to you, this thread is here to rank those as they are right now, based on how they performed last year. Not how we estimate they might be next year or two years from now.

At the end of the year, McGhee did very little. I believe, as you do (God, that hurt to say), that McGhee will be a really good QB. But the bottom line is he didn't play much, so he didn't do much.

Taylor came on as strong in the end as Bomar did, so I have no problem with him. And as he progressed, so did Nebraska (see Colorado and Michigan).

But Bell...part of the equation HAS to be how good of a team he is on, for that will affect how well they perform. Put Bell with Texas, and he's a stud. But since he's with Baylor, even though they are a much improved team, he won't produce as well as Bomar will.

I see it:

1. Taylor
    2. Bomar
    3. Bell
    4. McGhee

Ohhhh, and #69, biotches!!! :D

10. jreed13

For what its worth Dylan Meyer tore it up when he played us..

11. Soonerwake

Soonerwake New Member

What about Brent Rawls?? :p

12. Herr Scholz

Herr Scholz SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Watch out for Chase Daniels at Mizzou. The Tigers will be much better with him than with Brad Smith (severely overrated). Mark it down (don't you love it when people say this after eveyr prediction?).

13. JLB

JLB New Member

I think that Juco QB the Sooners brought in will really push Bomar this season.
    Bomar needs to get his receivers and defensive backs together this offseason
    to practice 7on7 skeleton drills until he drops.
    Bomar,from what i've seen,has all the talent it takes to be a great QB.He needs
    to study film and learn how to avoid the big hit.Josh Heupel in my opinion is the
    best man for that.Heupel was one of the best QB's at making adjustment's at
    the line and calling audibles.

14. SouthFortySooner

SouthFortySooner Well-Known Member

I know I feel much better going into next season with him than last without.

15. shavedmarmoset

shavedmarmoset New Member

Donta Hickson, OU's 4th stringer

16. snp

snp New Member

Whoever he was, he carved up Clemson when he was finally put in the game. Could be pretty good.

GDC likes this.
  17. GDC

GDC New Member

I thought a certain poster had promised to disappear until August.

18. Herr Scholz

Herr Scholz SoonerFans.com Elite Member

As soon as you fulfill your pledge, I will mine. You're the last one to be calling out someone for that.

19. GDC

GDC New Member

I did, the admins made me change it.

20. Oh yeah, I REALLY was impressed by that floater ball for their TD late in the game.....:rolleyes: The dude that caught it had to stand in the endzone like a statue.....I'll be ready to play them this year, should be INT city for our DB's....:eek: