1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is Trevor Knight...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by deweydw, Oct 9, 2016.

1. deweydw

deweydw Well-Known Member

... so much better at TAMU than when he was with OU? Has anyone else wondered about this? I watched a couple games and he is playing really good. What's different in Aggie land?

2. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't see any difference. He is still a 50% passer and a very good runner just like he was here. He has gotten smarter about not taking unnecessary hits, but I think he would have done that here had he won the job. His lack of accuracy will cost the Aggies before the season is over.

3. lank77

lank77 New Member

Coaching

4. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I agree with Boulder...I've seen him throw some pretty bad passes...throw some good ones. I'd say some of it may also be coach's confidence in ya...obviously Sumlin does..Stoops didn't. That could affect it as well.

5. BoulderSooner79

I'll add that TK9 is also a 5th year senior, so you would expect some improvement. But bottom line, if Mayfield was at aTm, Mayfield would be the starter there too. I really like TK and hope he finishes strong, but the biggest difference so far is the team he has around him.

6. BermudaSooner

BermudaSooner Well-Known Member

His #1 WR is 6'4"?

7. The reason he is better is called Chavis and Defense

8. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Whatever he is, i would not mind seeing him get another win over Bama . . .

9. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i agree with Boulder. i am pulling for Trevor even though i am not at all an ATM fan.

i watched a lot of that ATM-Tenn game......and he made some big plays....but they should have put UT away at home and part of that is on TK.

10. AzianSooner

AzianSooner Well-Known Member

I honestly still think he made a lots of unwise decisions. He threw some bad passes and he did not run that smooth or well like when he began to start for OU. His skill seems to not improve but degraded.
    He plays really well when he has some little extra time in the pocket. He plays better when he has great WRs running great routes. He plays better when he has a great defense to bail him out.
    He is a good QB but not a NC QB caliber. He has good heart for sure.

11. soon3rfan

soon3rfan Member

It's an Illusion.

12. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Should be a great game at BDS next Saturday. Knight is very good and it should be quite a chess game between Saban and Sumlin.

13. BoulderSooner79

Saban will be playing chess - Sumlin will be playing checkers.

14. BermudaSooner

BermudaSooner Well-Known Member

As Baker said, "he's still undefeated against the SEC." Unfortunately until this weekend...

15. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Keith Ford is a beast. Why did he transfer from OU?

16. deweydw

deweydw Well-Known Member

Mixon and Perine.