1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is there a regression in webcasts each year?

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by hvhurricane, Feb 24, 2011.

1. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

No webcasts for the whole weekend? Also, why have we gone back to the old school camera system? If you aren't going to use the HD camera system then there shouldn't be any excuse to not have the game on a webcast.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. Sooner11JK

Sooner11JK New Member

My understanding is that Soonervision (who runs all of the video for OU) is stretched too thin to cover as much as needs to be. My argument is that the baseball program is coming off of a great year and anticipating a greater one. What does Soonervision need to cover during the spring season that is greater than baseball at this point? Perhaps mens' and womens' basketball is taking up too many resources. By that rationale, then by the conference season, then it shouldn't be a problem as mens' basketball shouldn't be a problem and womens' should be ESPN's responsiblilty at that point. Beyond that I don't know. As far as I know, the only games not being broadcast on KREF on the schedule were the UAPB games this week. I thought they were broadcasting 54 of the 56 scheduled regular season games. They didn't broadcast either of the games this week. Hopefully they will fully man the camera angles for each of the rest of the home games for the rest of the season. I can confirm that there hasn't been a video camera on the third base side of the field so far this year as there was for the Cox televised games last season.

3. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

Telecasts have four cameras.

Webcasts have one.

4. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

There have been many webcasts where the HD cameras were used. Each year it seems there is another new excuse as to why they can't show all of the games. Give me the crappy cameras over nothing, though. A whole series with no webcasts is inexcusable.

5. IndySooner

IndySooner New Member

I'll promise this, hv, when I win the Powerball tonight, we will have HD webcasts of EVERY baseball game!

6. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

I like it! LOL

7. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

whatever it takes, lol