1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Dorian Leonard picked Texas....

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by swardboy, Jul 16, 2013.

1. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It may have been academics. It sure couldn't have been because of the great success their WR's have had in recent years. My prediction is that some of those WR's they have recruited will not sign with UT.

3. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

4. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

He will transfer after his first year there and never amount to anything and all because he decided to go to texass

5. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Exactly. He did have an OU offer, but OU hadn't been in contact with him in a while. He was the lowest rated WR on OU's offer board.

If the Sooners don't land another WR in this class, they will have gotten commitments out of two really good ones. I still think K.D. Cannon commits to OU, and he's the biggest name left on the board for OU.

6. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

I sure hope you are right about this one. Everything seems to be Baylor IMO

7. 8timechamps

He's all over the board, last week it was Tech. Even if he doesn't end up a Sooner, Norvell has a couple of other highly rated guys he's in with...I trust he'll close out strong.

8. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

I don't profess to know a lot about this kid but from what I have been able to gather it appears that he felt he was being slow-played by your staff and thus went ahead and pulled the trigger for the 'horns. I wouldn't be surprised if in the end some higher targets don't commit and he ultimately flips to OU. Probably won't know for sure where this kid is going until NSD or very shortly before.

9. 8timechamps

Yeah, I think he's telling the truth. OU hadn't been in contact with him for a few weeks prior to his commitment.

As it turns out, Mark Andrews committed, which the coaches probably had a good feeling about.

I think the Sooners keep one WR spot open for Cannon, and if he doesn't commit to OU, they're probably done at the position.

I'm never down on a kid becuase he chooses another school (even if it is texas), I can't imagine the pressure on kids these days to commit.

10. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

You can fill that spot with someone else -- Cannon committed to Baylor today.

11. okiewaker

okiewaker New Member

Heh, it will interesting to watch him help break in the new fast tempo offense they plan to install,,according to what he said. Guess he's excited about being the start of something OU has pretty much perfected. Good luck with that.

12. 8timechamps

Not a big surprise there. Keenan Brown will probably be the fourth WR for the Sooners...if they even decide to take a 4th.

Cannon never visited Norman, and made multiple trips to both Baylor and Tech, so I think the writing was on the wall. He's got a much better chance to play early at Baylor, which certainly didn't hurt.