1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did Imus say?

Discussion in 'The Catacombs' started by achiro, Apr 9, 2007.

1. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: I'm so effing sick of all these Imus "victims"

If there was a prior, well-documented, long history of you saying offensive things and your boss approving of your prior actions then, yes.

Listen. Imus is a jackass but he has been a jackasss for a long,long time. He has insulted a lot of people( and a lot of groups of people) just as badly as he did the Rutgers women's basketball team.

It's a double standard....plain and simple. I just find it sad that some in black society want to play the victim in perpetuity. It is a significant roadblock to economic progress, IMO since victims are always dependent on others to help them accomplish goals that they(the victims) have decided they can't accomplish on their own.

My self-worth is not, in any way, dependent on what strangers think of me. Insults and perceived slights will not keep me from achieving my personal goals.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  2. TMcGee86

TMcGee86 Well-Known Member

This is what I find funny,

Before this incident I had no idea the term "nappy" was racist.

Before the Southwest Airlines incident I had no idea the "eenie meenie miney moe" was racist.

And I'm 30 years old, so it's not like I'm a pup.

I really think if people like Sharpton and Jackson stfu and let everyone live, we would be a much less racist place.

3. Rogue

Rogue Answers - 25 Cents

Re: I'm so effing sick of all these Imus "victims"

I think it's the church down the road from the Right Reverend Ole Vet's Evangelizin' and Marryin' Chapel! :D :D

4. Viking Kitten

Viking Kitten SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Once again I ask... how is any of this related to the First Amendment?

First Amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Once again... who exactly in Congress or which government entity is trying to restrict Don Imus' freedom of speech?

Don Imus has the legal right to say whatever he wants (within limits that have been defined by caselaw, of course). NBC has the right to do whatever they want to Don Imus within the terms of their contract.

Say it with me, boys and girls. THIS. HAS. NOTHING. TO. DO. WITH. THE. FIRST. AMENDMENT.

5. Jerk

Jerk SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The joke of the Imus thing is how much attention this has received.

Iran is a year away from a nuke but what some idiot said about some nappy ho' gets more attention. If it ain't that, then it's about Anna Nichol's baby daddy.

Oh well, at least it happened to a kerry-supporting anti-war lib. And they didn't even have to take his words out of context like they do with Rush Limbaugh.

6. Jerk

Jerk SoonerFans.com Elite Member

ps- ChuckBao - it must be nice to have a government looking out for you and protecting you from such dangerous things as you-tube vids. Our gov't will be just as good at being our parents in about another 10-20 years. As long as the sheep get their bread and circuses, ain't no one going to give a f***.

Blue likes this.
  7. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

There are consequences for the things you say in public.

-The Dixie Chicks

8. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I long for the day when people like Imus can say dumb crap and nobody makes a big deal over it.

9. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Actually, it's more that it is a crime for the King to be portrayed as he was in youtube video.

10. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Can a crackah join in?

11. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

Wait, you mean people misinterpret amendments to support their arguements without regard for the actual wording of said amendment?

That almost never happens! :D

12. Dead Horse

Dead Horse New Member

I'm kicking you all in my mind. HAH. HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? IS THIS FUN FOR YOU???

mdklatt likes this.
  13. VeeJay

VeeJay SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Holy shiite!

You'd think Moses came down the mountaintop damning the Rutgers Women's Basketball Team to Hell.

Enough of the freekin' drama already.

14. Hatfield

Hatfield SoonerFans.com Elite Member

jason whitlock has a great article on this situation today.

15. BigRedJed

BigRedJed Mmm... ...ribs.

That tool doesn't have a "great article" on ANY situation, ANY day.

BlondeSoonerGirl likes this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield SoonerFans.com Elite Member

except for today on this topic.

(i generally hold your opinion of him though)

17. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

I do NOT want to read/see anything more on this horrific incident that ruined so many people's lives. Oh the humanity...

18. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm gonna lock this one up.

19. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Lock this, pat.

20. BigRedJed

BigRedJed Mmm... ...ribs.

Yeah, pat. Go ahead and lock it. kthx.

BlondeSoonerGirl likes this.