1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Western Conference Finals

Discussion in 'OKC Thunder Talk' started by Quik Sand, May 15, 2011.

1. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

What the hell does this even mean? I'd wager the average income of folks sitting in there tonight is higher than mine or yours.

...and you're an Obama supporter, I'd think you like trailer park folks. ;)

2. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't know why we went with such a small lineup down the stretch. I wonder who will win the Howard sweepstakes?

And between the Heat and the Mavs, i gotta pull for the Mavs. Revenge for 04 when I liked the Mavs and there were no Thunder.

3. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Nothing is certain, but that's a really good young core, under contract. If they added a veteran pint guard and slide Westbrook to the 2 sometimes, it could be even better.

4. colleyvillesooner

I think you mean 06.

You probably stayed small since we went big tryig to take a speed advantage

I hope you guys don't enter that sweepstakes. :D

5. kevpks

kevpks New Member

If I put a Maverick's flag on my car does it mean I don't have to obey any traffic laws or is favoritism limited to the court?

SoonerBorn likes this.
  6. EnragedOUfan

EnragedOUfan New Member

Screw the Mavs, I hope Miami brings the Heat! I like Dirk, he's from Wurzburg, German, and his jumpshot is just amazing. Actually, amazing doesn't even describe it. I like Kidd because he's freakin Jason Kidd.......He's been in the game for such a long time, I remember him back in the early 90's.....I remember rooting for him and the Nets back in 2002. But I don't like the Mavs. I'm mad and I want revenge brought onto the Mavs. I'm really hoping that LeBron and Wade turn this series into the LeBron and Wade show.....

7. EnragedOUfan

EnragedOUfan New Member

The highlight for me was watching Westbrook and Harden have reverse roles. It was very effective.

8. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Yeah, cause favoritism lost the Thunder 4 games.

Just face it, the Thunder lost to a better, more experienced team. Is the Thunder's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd best players better than the Mavs? You can certainly make that argument, but top to bottom the Mavs were the better team no question.

9. EnragedOUfan

EnragedOUfan New Member

Overall, the Mavs have too many shooters. Dirk is 7 foot tall and can drain 3's better than anyone on our roster (If KD is hot, its close). With Terry and Kidd, that's 2 more clutch shooters. Then add Barrea, Stojakic, and Dallas has 2 Centers than can play the Center position pretty good. Marion was clutch........The Thunder are unbelievably good, there was just too much fire power from the Mavs. Not to mention, that Marion 3 point play tonight was ridiculous. That was a charge, clear as day. Dallas should thank the refs on that one...

10. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

I agree that that should have been a charge, but at the same time the 6th foul on Chandler was not a foul, he went straight up and did not even touch him....Van Gundy even commented on it. That was a huge loss for the Mavs. As well as Haywood has played in his reserve minutes, he is not the shot blocking/shot altering player that Chandler is.

The Mavs haven't had a true dribble drive guy on their roster since Nash left town, and it is something I desperately wish they had. JJ is the only guy that has the ability to do that, but he can only be out there for a few minutes at a time, or he gets exposed on defense.

The Mavs have also gone this entire playoffs without one Caron Butler. While he isn't necessarily a drive to the basket guy, he is a versatile offensive option that could really help the Mavs as well.

11. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

LeBron is likeable, but yeah, I would like to see Dirk school him.

12. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They may be a great team...that never wins a ring.

Kind of like how the Mavs have been up until this season. And even as great as Dallas has played these last 6 weeks or so, there's no guarantee they'll finally bust through and get a ring.

But that's the beauty of it all. Barring any disastrous injuries, you know that your team is going to be right there with the others in the West.

And speaking as somebody who took grief in high school in Oklahoma for liking the Mavs when they were so bad in the 90's, being part of that discussion beats having a losing record year in and year out.

And OKC showed they're capable of learning the hard lessons that the playoffs taught them these last five games as evidenced by Game 5 tonight. They could have folded up the tent when Dallas came out strong.

Instead, they fought back and made the Mavs earn it.

That kind of experience is the hardest thing to come by when building a champion and the Thunder got that in spades this year.

13. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

Not at all. Cuban built this team from ground up. He deserves some credit. GO MAVS!

14. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

Look on the bright side, to some third world country, the thunder are going to be the Western Conf. Champs...they won't even know the Mavericks...gotta stay positive.

oulucas likes this.
  15. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

You don't know much about basketball huh? :rolleyes:

Oh...and you tried to way too hard to make a point or be funny, and succeeded at neither.

16. kevpks

kevpks New Member

Did I say it cost them games? It made games nearly unwatchable to see a jump shooting team go to the line that much.

17. kevpks

kevpks New Member

I guess I don't know anything about basketball because I thought it was called charging when you run over a guy in the lane who is standing still. It was late and I was sick of seeing a jump shooting team go to the line every other minute. I probably did Costanza that one a bit. The jerk store just called. They're all out of you...

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  18. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

i personally love all the Mavs hate here - we've reached "Laker status" :D

i thought the interaction between the players after the game last night was great - a lot of respect being shown from both sides

of course Westbrook being the classless punk that he is - left the court immediately ......once he gets rid of that chip on his shoulder he'll be better than he is

19. soonerbub

soonerbub New Member

classless punk?? that's a wee bit harsh for a guy that just saw his title dream go down the drain

20. colleyvillesooner

You stick around for handshakes. If you don't you're a punk...or you're just Lebron.