1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week of 9/19: Sooner sports that aren't called football events

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by badger, Sep 15, 2011.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

With this week's events now closed, I'm gonna throw up next week's.

Here's how it works: You win when the Sooners win. If the Sooner team wins the game or places first at the event, you win also. And if you vBet on the Sooners to win once and twice and the Sooners win twice, you win both vBets.

I didn't do golf events last week because I wasn't sure how they could work out, but it seems that all I have to do is say "TAKE FIRST!" so that's what I'll do. If I can figure out a similar arrangement for tennis, I will include them next week.

This is for all Sooner events from this Sunday (9/18) till next week Saturday (9/24). Here's what we're up against.

Because only tennis is on Sunday, you will have till 9 a.m. Monday to vBet.

Boomer!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  2. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I wish the Sooner Women Volleyball wins once would be settled so I can place another bet.

5-0

3. badger

Lol hawaii, I'm trying to get this new thing kicked off here and I don't think volleyball by itself would attract much of an audience, so right now, I'm pitching this as a week-long Sooners-win-you-win type dealio. If you guys can convince me that volleyball has a chance of being as prominent a vBookie event as some of the other ones I'm tossing up, I might go that direction. Till then... week-long stuff :D

4. badger

So... does Baylor volleyball suck or something? That's the way I interpret all of your vBets. I know nothing about the non-football sports landscape during fall, unfortunately. I know our non-football teams aren't bad, but I'm kind of amazed that you're all choosing us on the road for our only volleyball game this week.

Not that I mind. I promise not to mess up the odds just yet. I think this is a fun way to make you all care about something other than football during the fall :D

5. badger

No word yet on golf, but soccer lost 2-1 at LSU today. :(

6. badger

Sooner golf 7th after day one of their invitational. I accidentally counted the three-day thing as three separate events... so... we'll see how they finish!

7. badger

The women's golf team is sixth heading into the final day. The only volleyball game of the week, at Baylor, is tonite. That looks like the one you are all holding out for :)

8. badger

Well shoot, looks like I have vPay all of you volleyeball vBettors :D

Our womens golf team also rallied to win the final day of the tournament, so I guess that counts as one win :)

There are no Sooner sports events today, so take a day off, go vBet on next week's Sooner sports, or tonight's random college football game, etc. etc.

9. badger

Update:
    -Soccer unfortunately lost both matches this week :(
    - Women's golf took over first on the final day of their tourney for one win (I will group tourneys together as a single event starting in October. I was confused as to how those events work, so for now, counting em day by day)
    -Volleyball won its only match at Baylor this week, 3-1.
    - The men's golf team started in second yesterday but took over at first today, so I will credit them with one win.
    - The women's cross country team took 19th at their invitational. The men did not compete.

Thanks all for participating. I will vSettle immediately. Please participate in next week's event for non-football Sooner sports, which is already up at vBookie.

Boomer!