1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted to hear something funny...

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by IronHorseSooner, Dec 27, 2011.

1. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

My wife spent Christmas at home, and I spent my Christmas with my ex-wife (along with my son) and my family in Ottawa County (Miami and Fairland). My family likes my ex over my wife, and they are REALLY pushing me.

2. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You must be the most interesting man in the world. It sounds like you are about to have a dos equis . . .

Peach Fuzz likes this.
  3. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sounds to me like you have an enlarged labia...

4. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

I dont know if its him but I bet someone does....!!

5. 3rdgensooner

3rdgensooner What?

What's funny?

6. IronHorseSooner

not really...

7. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Parents and grandparents are probably continually told to not play favorites... but you parents and grandparents out there with multiple children and grandchildren can probably attest that it is impossible.

Take for example badger and NP. Badger married the sweetest, most awesome bachelor in the world several years ago, then found a job within a hour's drive of badger's parents which led to badger moving within an hour of her parents, and both are stably employed, and seem to be hard working and successful (meh)

It isn't just the fact that NP is such an ideal son-in-law or grandson-in-law... it started back in college when I was taking all of these exotic (not really) trips to bowl games and the Final Four/NCAA tourney/etc because I happened to play trumpet. So, they're talking tons and showing off dorky band uniform pics to everyone including the local paper while badger is trying to burrow into the ground and hide like a real badger.

As the younger sibling (and not just any younger sibling, but a girl too), I worry about any potential for perceived favoritism.

8. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

There's romantic comedy material there (except for the Ottawa County part), but the writers would need to know how it's supposed to end.

9. IronHorseSooner

I don't know how its supposed to end...but a good bit of it did also happen in Tulsa...

10. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Sounds like you about to go full circle bro
    Good luck

11. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

It's been my experience that if you want to play in traffic try not to get hit by the same truck twice.

Peach Fuzz likes this.
  12. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Yup.One of me Exes said " I know you want me back" I told her Ya know that ****s wrong cause YOU KNOW I dont eat off Buffets :tiger:

13. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

Looks like neither woman is at fault here. But there is fault.

14. CrimsonKel

CrimsonKel New Member

CrimsonKel gathers that Badger's older Brother receives less favor from his and Badger's Parents and Grandparents. Does Badger get a sense that Badger's older Brother senses this relative lack of favor and resents it?

CrimsonKel read an article in Time Magazine a few months ago that explained that most parents do have a favorite and its only human and they really can't help it. Its normal. CrimsonKel, upon reading the article, though to himself "that explains so much".

Mississippi Sooner likes this.
  15. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ok, if this were a movie, who should play your wife, your ex-wife, and yourself?

16. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

pretty much... family will always choose favorites, even if they try not to. That is not to say that badger is the family's favorite. Badger is the family brat that everyone expected to be the rotten apple black sheep of the family that would be lucky to get through school, let alone college. NP is the family favorite... and really, can you blame the family for loving NP? He's awesome :D

17. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

When does this Jerry Springer episode air??

18. This thread is lame. Man up and get them together.

19. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

Do they read the board....??

20. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Something is very strange and wrong about that arrangement.