1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV for Ball State

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by sperry, Sep 25, 2011.

1. VA Sooner

VA Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

My thoughts exactly.... "Honey... I have to go. Take care of the kids. I'll be right back..."

2. Dan Thompson

Dan Thompson New Member

I'll be in Hawaii and probably miss the game.

3. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'll probably do both. I love watching the game after I watch the game.

4. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'll watch it on direct ppv. Anyone have any idea what channel on direct? It gets tiresome flicking through 900 odd channels to find out where this week's game is hidden.

5. MeMyself&Me

MeMyself&Me New Member

My DirecTV receiver has a search feature that works very well at finding what channel the OU game is on without flicking through 900 odd channels. I'm not at home though so I can't tell you what channel it is.

6. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I just searched and it doesn't look like it's listed for DirecTV yet.

7. btk108

btk108 New Member

Just make sure when you buy the PPV, you don't click on "Testicle U".

You're welcome in advance.

8. LASooner

LASooner Active Member

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092611aab.html

Pay-Per-View Info: OU vs. Ball State

The game is available on cable systems throughout Oklahoma, Texas and nationwide.
    [TABLE="class: photo-table, width: 155, align: right"]
    [TR]
    [TD] [​IMG] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

NORMAN, Okla. -- FOX Sports Southwest will distribute this weekend's OU vs. Ball State football game on a pay-per-view basis to participating program providers. The suggested retail price is $39.95. The pay-per-view telecast will be available in high-definition.

The game is being televised on pay-per-view because it wasn't selected for over-the-air broadcast or cable television coverage. Pay-per-view allows fans the option to watch a game they otherwise wouldn't be able to see.

Chuck Cooperstein (play-by-play), former Oklahoma All-American safety Roy Williams (analyst), former Sooner two-time national championship quarterback and current Oklahoma City KWTV sports director Dean Blevins (analyst), and Kelly Crull (sideline reporter) will call the game from Norman. Kickoff is at 6 p.m. (CT).

FOX Sports Southwest will also show a one-hour condensed replay of the game as part of its Big 12 No Huddle series on Tuesday, Oct. 4 at noon (CT).

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #dddddd, align: center"]Sooner Gameday Central | Ticket Information | Gameday Guide | OU Football Main[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

The game will be available on a dedicated pay-per-view channel on participating Oklahoma and Texas program providers listed below and nationwide on DirecTV, Dish Network and AT&T U-verse. Cable TV subscribers must have digital cable to order the telecast. Customers can order the game from their set-top boxes or by calling their local program provider. Check with the provider in your area for channel information.

If you're a Dish Network customer I would not get excited about the prospect of seeing this in HD, last year HD was offered for the PPV game but Dish did NOT carry that feed. If I could convince the wife to leave Dish for Direct, I would leave in a heartbeat.

9. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

10. DirecTV 787, both in HD and SD.

Trying to order now. I hate that I can't order it online. I'll fight them over the fee to order it over the phone naturally.

11. Can't order it yet on DirecTV through any method. They really drive me nuts. Will have to call again on Friday.

And their reasoning for why it can't be ordered yet? Game subject to blackout. A PAY PER VIEW SUBJECT TO BLACKOUT. That's a first.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  12. LVSOONER15

LVSOONER15 Getting it done

Anybody know what channel on Dish yet?

13. Soonerfan88

Soonerfan88 Well-Known Member

I know he was part of the teams, but I just have a problem with this description.

14. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

Dish Channel 461

15. OhU1

OhU1 New Member

Just found out a family member is getting the PPV this weekend, I'm pumped! Nothing better than night game OU football on a couch with 6 or 7 of my favorite brews. Afterwards I can tune into the last hour of Texas falling to Iowa State and laugh my *** off to cap off a good Saturday evening.

16. LASooner

LASooner Active Member

No HD option :chargrined:

17. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Dish 461, no HD. It is what it is.

18. LASooner

LASooner Active Member

If they really do drop ESPN for their contract dispute, I am gone

19. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Florida State for free and Ball State for $45.

20. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

Less advertisers want to show their wares during the Ball State game, that is why. You da fan gotta pick up the cost. Hell, just listen to KRXO.