1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Try are McGriddles"

Discussion in 'The Catacombs' started by Norm In Norman, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norm In Norman

Norm In Norman Adminstrator of PAIN

is on the sign in front of the McDonalds at 23rd and Penn. Someone needs to take a picture and send it - somewhere.

I also saw a place by work that sells "Slink Dogs". I have no idea what a slink dog is, but it doesn't sound tasty. Looking at the place, I imagine it is code for crack cocaine.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  2. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

McPity Reply

3. The Fake Don Dokken

The Fake Don Dokken New Member

Hmmm...I wonder if "Try" really "are" McGriddles?

4. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Misspellings on signs irritate me, too.

That paper I had last week? I got docked a point because I didn't follow APA "Stlye" and my "gramar" wasn't up to snuff. :mad:

5. OU4LIFE

OU4LIFE SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Creep, Chip Creep

6. DCSooner

DCSooner Relax, I'm Cleared.

Maybe Paris Hilton and Richie worked there for a little bit?

7. BigRedJed

BigRedJed Mmm... ...ribs.

That's the McDonald's by my house. Yes, I'm a hood rat, but that's not the issue. That Mickey D's is the WORST EVAR at getting the order right. I would say a good 30% of the time my order is f'd up. Order a McGriddle, get a McMuffin. No hash browns. Dr. Pepper instead of Coke. I now make it a policy to not move from the window until I've inspected my order, including unwrapping the sandwiches, which of course pisses everyone off. Sorry in advance if you're sittling behind me. That store is staffed by absolute morons.

That said, the new one at Classen and Sheridan, on my way to work, is making a strong run at most incompetent. I've been there four times so far, and gotten the wrong sandwich two of them, including this morning.

So why do I still go to McDonald's? Because I am a lemming, like everyone else.

8. Ike

Ike party pooper

I used to live right by that Micky D's (on campus at OCU)...back then, no one there knew english...I guess it's still true

9. Half a Hundred

Half a Hundred New Member

"If they McCome from where I McThink they do, I don't want to McEat them."

10. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It bugs me when people put unnecessary quotation marks on a sign.

One of my favorite signs was at a chinese restaurant.

Get it? Chinese?

11. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Heh.

Chicken McNugget. What is deal with these things? Is it chicken? Is it fish? Is some mystery meat I've never heard of? I wanna know!

Who are the adwizards who came up with this one!

12. Norm In Norman

Rats: the other white meat.

13. GDC

GDC New Member

Why do so many people think any word that ends with the letter s must also have an apostrophe, whether it is possessive or not?

14. The Fake Don Dokken

The Fake Don Dokken New Member

GDC,
    I think people do it because it's too much trouble to actually learn the apostrophe rules. I blame George W. Bush for not spending more money on a nationwide Apostrophe Education program. The heel.

15. saucysoonergal

saucysoonergal SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The McDonalds at 23rd and Broadway however, is one of the best anywhere, go figure?! They did give me back incorrect change once, but they have never screwed up an order!

16. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

i just realized which McDonalds this is.....eons ago when I lived with my grandparents over off NW 25th (near Drexel)...my grandmother worked at and retired from the Sears at Shepherd Mall....every nite my grandfather and I would drive to pick her up from work, and would stop at that mcdonalds for a hamburger

good times indeed....

17. TopDawg

TopDawg SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He'd probably benefit from it as much as anybody else.

18. Norm In Norman

It's the old style looking one. i assume it's been there forever.

19. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

well i'm 40 and was eating there when I was like 7...so yeah....i mean, if at least 33 years counts as "forever"

its old, i know that....i remember asking my granddad everytime we went there if maybe once we'd buy a hamburger and they'd go out and change the number burgers sold on the sign...

20. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I would definitely avoid the special sauce at that McDonald's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.