1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck question

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by BetterSoonerThanLater, Mar 13, 2013.

1. BetterSoonerThanLater

BetterSoonerThanLater SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If you had to choose between getting a leveling kit or a spray in bed liner, which would you choose?

The wife thinks the leveling kit is stupid, and although I want a bedliner, I am rarely the frivolous spending type, and kinda want the leveling kit.

2. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Get both, You can do the Spray in yerself with a Kit

3. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Do you have aftermarket wheels? If so, leveling kit.

4. BetterSoonerThanLater

i'd screw it up

5. BetterSoonerThanLater

i do... plus it just makes the overall stance look better.

6. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Dropping the back or raising the front?

7. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Depends on what you want...form or function...do you haul a bunch of chit that will scar up the bed?

8. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

You can't screw it up. I promise. There are several brands that offer the roll-on bedliner, it's very easy. You just need a Saturday afternoon and some cold beer. Much cheaper than having someone else do it.

Then, you can do both!

9. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

Line-X bed-liner......

10. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

You can do both for a total of ~$600-650. Tell the spousal unit to stifle and go get your truck done. And do NOT attempt to put in your own bedliner. Horror stories...

We do Bullet liners ourselves, and contract some out to Line X. Both are very good products. Auto Accessories Unlimited or Line X will do the leveling kit for around $300 I think. You do have to realign the front end though (they'll both do it).

11. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And make sure you get some type of warranty on the alignment if possible. Had my front end leveled a few months ago. Rolled into Jefferson City, MO a couple of weeks ago and noticed the passenger front tire was chopped badly. Called the company in OKC and they had me take it to a Goodyear place for re-alignment and two new front tires charged to them. They'll get my business again.

12. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I gotta be the skinflint. Do neither, and your next set of tires is already about paid for.

Not fun though.

13. olevetonahill

Heh, Ive done a couple, While Not a Rhinoliner deal it was passable.

14. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

For a friggin' hillbilly. You don't care if you got liner material all over the back window, the wheels, and the cab.

I'm telling you, it's tough to keep that bedliner **** from migrating to every inch of clean paint your truck has. **** is nasty.

15. olevetonahill

Well hell Ya slob, Thats what Paper an Tape is for.
    Sure ya have to be careful. I wouldnt try it again Now at My fat assed Old age But 15 years ago it wasnt too bad.

16. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

From the sound of the advice you are getting in this thread.....I'd consider what the shadetrees are telling you and then....

Spend all the money on wheels and tires and the lift. Sell the wheels and tires you have on EBAY and go have a line-x put in. I like Line-x unless you are really going to carry heavy stuff. Then I might suggest a thick rubber cargo mat which you could even put in after the Line-X. If you aren't going really use the bed much, I'd wait awhile and spend some money on the step bars that you can bolt on yourself for pretty cheap if you don't have running boards. I loved having them with the lift. It's easier to get in the truck.

Then save up and get the Line-X.

If your Wife still is unhappy you just need to explain why us guys have to have this stuff. Relate it to something she spends money on that you don't think she needs.

17. Tulsa_Fireman

Tulsa_Fireman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Uhh, it's a truck? Quit fagging it up and spend the money on a shotgun.

18. olevetonahill

:pirate:

19. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Given the choice between those two, I'd blow all my cash on cigars.

20. olevetonahill

You will Blow WHO?