1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trayvon Martin: Are Make My Day Laws a Good Idea?

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by Midtowner, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Agreed.

2. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I would have yelled she has had enough and then dialed 911 and waited for the police to arrive..

cccasooner2 likes this.
  3. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah, well let's picture this scenario with nobody to come in and stop it...

4. REDREX

REDREX New Member

Al Sharpton is a joke----He sure likes to talk

5. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

6. Turd_Ferguson

7. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

Another heartwarming/heartworming story.

8. Turd_Ferguson

Instead of trying to be coy, why don't you say what you mean...

9. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

Nah.. When I get back from Afghanistan, I think the Navy is sending me to Italy for 3 years. I will keep my day job.. :)

10. Turd_Ferguson

Thank you for your service and God bless.

11. soonerhubs

soonerhubs SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I just want to say how happy I am that an adulterous reverend had come to peach and race bait during these stressful times.

Perhaps Jesse Jackson should threaten to castrate Zimmerman. I mean isn't that what he said about our current President? That man does nothing but cast a pall of skepticism on any "cause" he endorses. He and Al Sharpton are the worst attention whores on this planet.

12. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I'm with Turd on the Thanking you for your Service. Seeing folks continue to serve our Country when they may or may not agree with the Current Commander in Chief is a sign that America isnt dead or dying or in trouble. I had a close friend that did a good portion of his Servce in Sicily. Enjoy your time there and take care of yourself.

As far as me being one of the 20 that think Zimmerman shouldn't have followed Martin. It's just how the Law is here in Oklahoma. I understand the Law in Florida is different but seeing this turn into bloodshed for absolutely no reason is pretty sad. Whether or not you think Zimmerman was right to act as he did, isn't it pretty obvious now that there is a huge disconnect between folks in America and it isn't going to make Zimmerman's Life better now that Martin hasn't gotten away with whatever he thought was going to happen. Martin is dead and Zimmerman is a household name over night that has divided Black and White overnight.

I also do think a lot of folks don't put themselves in a good situation but the Streets of America should remain to be free. I do feel a good portion of this disconnect is that there isn't mandatory service for Americans in the Military. A good portion of tradegies like these would possibly stop as people will learn to have a bit more respect for other people. Zimmerman wasn't afraid of Martin because he was armed and he observed Martin long enough to obviously get the feeling he had the power in this situation. By the accounts we are hearing now is that he was wrong and when Martin. Confronted Zimmerman about him tracking him, he ended up having to shoot Martin to save himself from an a$$ whooping and possibly having his own gun turned on him. Right or wrong, Zimmerman wasn't very smart IMO. He should know how to protect himself better than to end up in a struggle like he did. Now he will probably need to disappear.

Just my opinion but the neighborhood watch kind of turned against him as it seems some folks in the neighborhood didn't know who he was either. Let's say some of the folks that decided to call in and not follow these guys were just as worried about a Hispanic Man in the Neighborhood wielding a gun. Zimmerman should have protected his own property and at the very least just stayed with his property. If Martin had drawn Zimmerman away from his Home purposely, Zimmerman left his stuff as an easy target. Zimmerman seemed to care about property more than Human Life and he's darn lucky he's not dead IMO.

He should have left it to the Police that the operator had told him were on the way. They are trained to handle these situations. Now Zimmerman has made himself a target whether you or anyone likes it or not.

This isn't Afghanastan. It's the Streets of America. We shouldn't be trying to turn our streets into a battleground.

13. Sooner_Bob

Sooner_Bob SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And pencils make spelling mistakes . . . ;)

14. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

Italy!!!
    Need family?
    PM me.
    :tennis:

15. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

I been sitting back and thinking (not too hard) about this activity in FL.
    I really believe that these two clowns are now not only causing more racial division in the country, but also inciting racial hatred towards a goal of (at least) riots in the big cities.

I've been in College and post grad school, in the military, had & have many Black associates, friends, and patients that I do free care for........
    **BUT....if they keep up this envy and race-baiting....I really believe that there will be a big backlash in the white and Hispanic communities in the future. This will ultimately be counter-productive for the Black community.

No one likes a complainer! And, many folks like myself have had our fill of it!
    Many are sick and tired, of people being sick and tired....
    :nonchalance:

16. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Responsible people should be allowed to carry guns to protect themselves. George Zimmerman is not a responsible person.

This is as much an issue about respecting the gun as it is anything else. IMO (and I don't own any firearms), you can't allow that gun to embolden you to do anything you wouldn't, were it not there. Once you go down that path, you're headed for trouble.

I don't think George Zimmerman would have approached someone like Trayvon Martin without his gun, and he was not prepared for what happened when it got out of hand.

I don't blame Trayvon Martin for becoming nervous/scared/angry about his being followed. Fisticuffs are not justified without an overt threat or a first strike by the other party, IMO. I doubt that George Zimmerman was that much of a threat, or that he threw the first punch. The possibility of the other party being armed is yet another reason to avoid any kind of fight if at all possible.

At what point in a fist fight does one fear for his or her own life? For me, unless the other guy has his hands on my throat, I don't think I fear for my life, but who knows?

IMO, a firearm gives the person in possession of it so much power over an unarmed person that the onus is on the armed person not to mess up, because his mess up is so much more potentially dangerous. He bears the blame if he is even close to responsible for creating a situation in which he uses it, even if he uses it in fear of his own life.

I don't think this is murder, but I do think Mr. Zimmerman ought to pay some sort of criminal price for the end result. Something like what happens to a drunk driver who ends up killing someone. It doesn't matter whether he meant for it to happen or not, there is a price to pay. The possibility of a civil judgment rings hollow, IMO, because I don't think there will be anything left to collect after defense is paid for in whatever trials happen.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
    jumperstop and AlboSooner like this.
  17. Sooner_Bob

I hate . . . hate crimes.

A crime is a crime and one should not hold a higher punishment because of the race of those involved . . .

18. Sooner_Bob

When you start pursuing someone you become the aggressor . . . . this law won't protect Zim IMO.

19. Sooner_Bob

How?

20. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i agree with this for the most part, except, from reports he was bashing his head into the concrete. if that was the case, i'd say he should be afraid for his life

the other thing is, if you are responsibly carrying, you should be even more vigilant to avoid confrontation than normal.

if you set aside the race-fueled and anti-gun controversy, really there is probably a lot for society to learn from this case

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.