1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on the season?

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by CobraKai, Feb 22, 2006.

1. CobraKai

CobraKai New Member

I'm not much of a baseball afficionado (although I enjoy baseball alot). How have we looked this year? I see we dropped a few to a few good teams, but otherwise how have we looked? Is it too early to tell if we are going to make some noise this year?

2. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

refer to the weekly big12 updates posted by austintxhorn in the baseball forum, pretty good discussion and facts about the team and the rest of the big12

3. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So far so good.

4. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn 'Spek, out.

Personally, I think OU finishes top 4 in the Big 12, around the top 25, and gets to a regional as a 2 seed.

I'd say they're somewhere in between the team that hosted a regional two years ago and the team that went to Ole Miss last year.

Brasky7 likes this.
  5. Brasky7

Brasky7 New Member

if we can't finish better than 15th in the Big 12, we should drop baseball... :eek:

especially since there are only 10 teams... :D

6. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn 'Spek, out.

Edited. Meant to say top 4. Oops.

7. BoomerJack

BoomerJack New Member

I think the 2-1 win against Long Beach State at the tourney in Houston was huge. I think it'll give them a lot of confidence for the rest of the year.

I don't know how much of a factor it will be but we play Texas, Baylor and Mizzou at home; Nebraska on the road. Perhaps the scheduling gods will smile on us during conference play.

8. ouflak

ouflak Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

Too early to tell. I think there will be a much better idea once they've got about ten more games under their belt.

9. Collier11

FIXED!!

10. Collier11

I know, completely unnecessary but I dont care, texas blows

11. Catch 22

Catch 22 New Member

don't under estimate the power of an experienced team, the dozen seniors will push this team to the upper class of the Big XII. I know it's early, but OU can beat Texas, so that pushes them up another place. I think they have a chance to win it, if the bats stay hot all year.