1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is the 4th or 5th time I have been personally embarrassed by our bowl performanc

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerus, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

...what is worse is I have been at every one personally and wasted thousands of dollars on this nonsense...

2. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

Re: This is the 4th or 5th time I have been personally embarrassed by our bowl perfor

We live in the DFW area and never considered going. We tired of wasting money watching SEC schools beat us in bowl games long ago.

3. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: This is the 4th or 5th time I have been personally embarrassed by our bowl perfor

...sucks to be you...heh

4. Soonerus

I agree I am so dumb, I keep drinking the koolade....

5. Sco

Sco New Member

This is why I never bet on teams I root for. I can't be unbiased looking ahead to those games.

the_ouskull likes this.
  6. Seamus

Seamus New Member

Then stop going to the damn bowl games, goddammit! I want to enjoy the holidays!!!!1!!!11!!!1!!111!!!!1eleven!!!!!11!1!!111!!!!!!1!

7. OUmillenium

OUmillenium New Member

4 or 5? Sounds like somebody is losing count = sad football

8. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

I think we should all chip in to get Rus a big tv or something, just so he won't go to the games. I have not attended a loss since the 01 osu game. You guys should be flying me in! :D

9. OUInformant

OUInformant New Member

Nothing was worse than the USC fiasco. I spent some money on that trip.

10. soonervegas

soonervegas New Member

When I was much younger I always looked with disdain at bandwagon fans - in my mind they weren't true fans. As I have aged, I have to come to realize they were just much much smarter than me.

I used to be a road dog - I got my fill back in 2008.....I finally realized hinging any of my life enjoyment on following 20 year olds (who aren't mine) across the country to watch them play ball was madness.

11. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So, don't charge so much for your services, and you won't waste as much.

heh

12. CatfishSooner

CatfishSooner New Member

Trust, Russ has got him a big screen...

13. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

Ditto here. We've had season tickets for 18 seasons, and used to try to make every home, road, and bowl. Aside from the cost, life also gets in the way.

I was 26 when I bought my first season ticket package, newly married, no kids, and no real career, just a job. Seventeen seasons later, I've got not only wife, but two kids under the age of 10, and own a business. We make two or three home games a year, and give tickets to the rest of the games to family, friends, or clients.

If I thought we'd have a prayer of a chance in some games, I might buy bowl tickets again. But, honestly, even those that we have won haven't been exciting match ups,so we didn't go. Boise State. Connecticut. Blah. Who arranges these? Sun Bowl?

No thanks. When you have a family and business, you watch your dollars more judiciously. We pay enough for the season tickets. If the players don't care anymore than to be out smoking dope between the end of the season and the bowl game, why would we throw money at it? If the coaching staff isn't going to develop a scheme to stop running quarterbacks, why bother with watching a repeat of what we already saw versus Kansas State and Notre Dame?

14. CatfishSooner

CatfishSooner New Member

Glad I didn't go this year... I might have punched an aggi

15. TrueBornSooner

TrueBornSooner New Member

We got season tickets starting in 2000, when my daughter was 6. We still buy the tickets, but three of the last four years we have sold the sets. College tuition sets your priorities very quickly.

Maybe when she's done we will start up again, but I just don't know. Tickets have basically tripled in the last decade, and a drive from Dallas is time consuming.

16. Soonerus

Honestly, the Aggie fans were very tolerable...

17. 70sooner

70sooner High Plains Drifter

even when they were chanting S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C!!!???

18. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

All right, football season is over, in the past. It's now basketball season. We can now set back and enjoy ........... oh, never mind.

19. Soonerus

Yes, that did not bother me...I thought it was an Aggie thing to do...what have they been in the SEC for even a year ?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  20. Sooner98

Sooner98 New Member

After dropping $1000 to $1500 to watch us get exposed every time as paper tigers against LSU, USC, Boise, WVU, and Florida, I'd had enough, and haven't been back to a bowl game since. It's much less painful (and cheaper) to watch us lose to superior teams on television at home. At least next year we will be looking at 5 losses, sent to play Minnesota in the Heart of Dallas Bowl, and not have to get bludgeoned by one of those big, scary SEC teams again.