1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The streak is over

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Sooner24, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Even though this place is an echo chamber I thought I would go ahead and post this.

On November 26th, Thanksgiving day, I had a heart attack. They put a stent in here in Ardmore and airlifted me to the OHH North in OKC. I had to wait several days for the blood thinner to wane and had quadruple bypass surgery on December 1st.

I got released from the hospital on Saturday December 5th and that night I missed my first OU home game since the OU/NEBRASKA Game of the Century in 1971. After 284 games in a row I was not in attendance. I was never under the impression I would never miss a game but I was hoping to get to 50 years. I’ll just have to settle for 48 years and 4 games.

The ironic things is if not for covid the last home game of the year would have been November 21st, the Saturday before my heart attack.

All in all I’m blessed and thankful to still be here and plan on starting another 48+ year streak this fall.

2. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

damn

glad you were at least able to post about it

3. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thanks! Me too!