1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Oklahoma City "_______'s"

Discussion in 'OKC Thunder Talk' started by GoOwls, Mar 25, 2008.

1. SteelClip49

SteelClip49 New Member

OKC Miseltoes, Black Mesas, Tumbleweeds, Oklahomans, Stockers

2. Boffingham

Boffingham New Member

Gaylords

3. tfoolry

tfoolry New Member

Bombers ala Midwest City; although my first choice would be The Okie Terror. The Ford Center could be renamed the Terror Dome. Public Enemy could perform opening night & also plug their new movie, Welcome to the Terror Dome.

4. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wasn;t there a pro team called the City Slickers someplace in the "olden" days?

5. Boomer_Sooner_sax

Boomer_Sooner_sax New Member

I thought about this one too, but with the Memorial only blocks away, probably not a good choice. It is sad too because I really liked the idea of a fierce bomber coming out of a basketball or something. Too many people wouldn't get it though and think about the wrong reason.

6. RFH Shakes

RFH Shakes Member

Oklahoma City formerly known as Supersonics (don't know if that would fit on jerseys)

or Cyclones

7. tfoolry

tfoolry New Member

Cyclones? Why would OKC want to be associated with that perennial loser up in Iowa? Twisters would be acceptable....better yet, how about the Switzers? Has a nice ring to it.

8. NewAZTiger

NewAZTiger New Member

simpsons/ how about the Oklahomos /simpsons

Bama Yankee likes this.
  9. mfosterftw

mfosterftw New Member

Oklahoma City Slickers... soccer... 1982 and '83 in the ASL. Later reincarnated by Brian Harvey and played in the USISL in the 1990s.

[​IMG]

10. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thanks, I remember them now...

11. ADs_Agent

ADs_Agent New Member

A.) The OKC Thunder, the Ford Center would be the Thunderdome
    B.) The OKC Stampede or OKC Herd
    C.) The OKC Cyclones
    D.) The OKC Underaged Pregnancies
    E.) The OKC Alien Deportations

12. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Stampede sounds so... WNBA... Like "Flash" or "Shock". I still say "Dirt Burglars" is the best we can do. :D

Seriously, I'm shocked we aren't going something with a Native American feel to it. Something not insulting, either. I originally thought to use the Cherokee word for storm or wind or something. I think that would be good.

Edit: Cherokee for "storm" is apparently "u0w" or "unula" which is pronounced ooh-new-la. Interesting.

13. tfoolry

tfoolry New Member

Roughneck, Riggers, Roundabouts, Crude, Drillers, Oilers, Tool Pushers (my fav.), Octane or anything to do with oil & gas industry.

14. Soonerfan88

Soonerfan88 Well-Known Member

Thunderbirds --- covers Native America and 45th Infantry

Not to mention the possibilities of a tie-in with the Ford arena (they can bring back limited edition Thunderbirds?)

Tulsa_Fireman and SoonerTerry like this.
  15. Mr. Poon

Mr. Poon New Member

The Oklahoma City Frolicking Salon Boys

[​IMG]

nytehorn likes this.
  16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer Well-Known Member

This is basketball, not soccer.

17. Tulsa_Fireman

Tulsa_Fireman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You know, that's a pretty damn good idea!

18. Quack 10

Quack 10 New Member

Well, y'all already had the Hornets, and Clay-Clay is busily devouring the Sonics, so go for something appropriate:

[​IMG]

ouflak likes this.
  19. SteelClip49

SteelClip49 New Member

Dust Devils

20. BigRedJed

BigRedJed Mmm... ...ribs.

OMG. That just made me think of the Oklahoma City Blue Devils. That name would actually be pretty cool and convey part of Oklahoma City's story at the same time.