1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official Sunny Galloway must go thread

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by 1stTimeCaller, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportsproducer

sportsproducer New Member

You know I'm not sure what all the hub bub is about either. I know virtually every one of the ball players and have had opportunities to discuss Sunny and the satff with them. To a Tee every one I have spoke with love this staff as both coaches and people. Everytime I hear about this player is upset becasue this schilarship or this amun is upset because a certian coach got another certain coach fired, i try to run it down and always find nothing.

I will say this Sunny is a hard nosed play it by the rules of the game field general. His isdea is teach between the games and manage during the game. He is definatley not as laid back as Coach Cochelle became over the past 5 years. I can see where he may rub someone the wrong way. Not everyone is as hard nosed as he is. But he idd not lose one quality player form last years team and so far all that has returned are better now than they where at this time last year.

As for any JUCO coach having issues. Well what that comes down to is "know your role!!" If one wants to be a D! head coach then go apply. If you have personal issues with a D! coach that is between you and him and not your players. It is your job as a JUCO coach to make sure your players find themselves in the best possible situation they can find ON THE FIELD!! if your personal issues get in the way then maybe you should go coach something else. I do not know of any situation with any other JUCO coach. I know one was brought up earlier in this thread and I know that same coach was at LDM last fall chatting away with the whole staff.

As for right now. Golloway and staff has these guys playing very good baseball and I feel they will improve as the year go along. Weather has been great it's time to support the team.

snp and Ardmore_Sooner like this.
  2. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Oh heck no. I wish. I travel 2-3 times per month during the week. I try to make the Friday games, and some of the weekend games (although working the ranch has put a real damper on that). Sometimes I only have time to swing by and watch an inning or two from the berm in right field, and sometimes I have time to come in a sit for a whole game.

3. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sunny Galloway must go!!!!!

To Houston, along with the rest of the team, to play Rice.

:D

Brasky7 likes this.
  4. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

From Galloway to all you doubters; HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW!

5. SoonerDood

SoonerDood New Member

was this thread started by the Non-partisan Anti-Kelvin/Chuck League?

6. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

They're still p!ssed that they were wrong about Stoops... I'm glad we have a bunch of blind haters "supporting" OUr best athletic director yet.

7. Stanley1

Stanley1 New Member

:rolleyes:

8. jdsooner

jdsooner New Member

He must stay and continue to fight! Give 'em hell, Sunny!!

9. Sooner24

I'm still happy with SG.

10. Big Red Ron

Big Red Ron SoonerFans.com Elite Member

[​IMG]

:twinkies:

Civicus_Sooner likes this.
  11. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Re: The official Sunny Golloway must go thread

Yah, how's that working out for you now?

12. 1stTimeCaller

1stTimeCaller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Pretty good.

His nephew leaving kinda confirms my accusations about the scholarship fiasco doesn't it?

13. Sooner24

If you can prove that's why he left then the answer is yes. Otherwise the answer is no.

14. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

The one game away from the CWS doesn't really matter does it 1stTime? :rolleyes:

15. 1stTimeCaller

I never said that he couldn't coach. I said that he's a douche and the scholarship fiasco was 100% his doing.

16. Big Red Ron

That's cool. I'm just glad you turned out to be wrong. ;)

17. 1stTimeCaller

about what? the scholarship deal? Keep reading what John Rhode and Jenni Carlso tell you. :rolleyes:

18. Big Red Ron

I guess, I was just saying what you were saying. I'm glad you were wrong that he wouldn't be very good. I guess you are too.:rolleyes:

19. Sooner24

Boy that "fiasco" you are so obsessed with sure has hurt our team.

We would have been so much better off with Gene Stephenson.

He would have coached three or four more years and we would be back at square one.

20. 1stTimeCaller

again, I never said that he wasn't a good coach. Keep trying.

I'm glad we can base his career off of a season and an 1/8th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.