1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official Sunny Galloway must go thread

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by 1stTimeCaller, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walkoffsooner

walkoffsooner New Member

1St time caller have you heard who leaked comments by cochell to press dig into that if you really want to get upset.

2. sportsproducer

sportsproducer New Member

No one had time to leak the Cochelle statement to the press. ESPN reported it at 4:00 pm the next afternoon, some 15 minutes after they first disgussed it with Joe Castiglione. The reason I know this is that Iwas with the ESPN crew that entire series with Nebraska.
    Gary Thorne met with Joe late that Friday afternoon and boom it's on Sports Center 15 minutes later. ESPN handled that very poorly. Most of us on the crew thought that LC had no chance. No one in the local media had a clue until Sports Center came out with it. Heck, virtually nobody around L. Dale Mitchell had a clue as to what was going on, coaches, players anybody.

What we all thought was funny was how we knew that Thorne had just informed Joe C for the first time just a few minutes before and they added to the ESPN report..."Even though Cochelle made these comments on Tuesday he was still on the bench last night in game 1 of the series vs, Nebraska," There where people on that crew that could care less about OU and they thought that was a cheap shot to the Admin.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  3. walkoffsooner

walkoffsooner New Member

Larry knows because he was at that series also.

4. Jay C. Upchurch

Jay C. Upchurch Sooner Spectator Editor

Gotta agree with some of the posters here who question the authenticity of 1stTimeCaller's statements. Unless you can provide written proof or witnesses to back up your accusations, you should avoid name calling and personal attacks on any OU coach.

I've been around Sunny for the last few years and find him to be a very personable fella and a good baseball man. Granted, I don't know the details of his recruiting tactics or any off-the-field antics, but until I hear hard proof of such behavior, I chose to believe the best.

In fact, I'll make the effort to ask about the Connor's deal this coming week.

5. OUmillenium

OUmillenium New Member

I know of more than 2 Tulsa area HS baseball coaches/assistant coaches who do not have a "favorable" opinion of S Galloway. They do try to stay objective in the recruiting process when he is involved, however.

6. Stanley1

Stanley1 New Member

Several years ago I though Galloway would be a good coach at OU if given the chance. Now.....not so much.

I think you'll see him put a very mediocre product on the field at OU, and will in time be fired. Really wish we'd have went a different direction with this one.

7. Echoes

Echoes New Member

Regarding if players get 100% or not... I do believe my friend who pitchers for OSU is on a 100%, but like someone said, he is a pitcher... He went to Connors then to Cowley. If I remember OU didn't even look at him, maybe due to the fact of where he went to school. It's a shame because he is a great pitcher, I think he is OSU's #2 or 3 now.

8. 1stTimeCaller

1stTimeCaller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Cowley County and Connors are great JC programs

9. Ike

Ike party pooper

its doubtful that he is on 100% baseball. with only something like 11.2 (or is it 11.7...something like that?) full 'ships to give, this kind of thing is really rare, and I would argue especially for pitchers, unless maybe he is a badass closer, since they are the only ones that could even approach being able to pitch in every game. for starters, I just can't see it. maybe for a #1, but not a #2-#5.

now, it very well could be that the school is able to find some other money for him. academic scholarships are common among baseball players...if the guy has even half a brain, he probably qualifies for a few of those. thats one of the common methods that schools use to fill the gaps created by the limit. When I played (NAIA, which does have a higher scholly limit), our coach only had to pitch in a small amount of baseball money to take me up to 100%, since I qualified, and got, damn near enough academic money to pay for the whole thing.

then again, if OSU has a bunch of people on academic money, its possible that they might have room for one or two 100%ers

10. 1stTimeCaller

what Ike said. When my brother was at ORU they used his Pell Grant first then Work Study then academic scholarship before they allotted him his baseball scholly and it ended up at 100%, same thing when he was in JC.

11. JRAM

JRAM New Member

I say to the idiot first time caller, back slowly away fromyour computer and try as best that you can to pull your brainless head out of your filthy ***.

12. 1stTimeCaller

great job on debating or refuting my points. You get two gold stars!!!:rolleyes:

13. 1stTimeCaller

you kiss your boyfriend with that mouth? :D

14. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

I thought this thread was dead?

15. sportsproducer

Ardmore, Nobody should ever let truthful fact bearing threads like this one die.:D

16. 1stTimeCaller

17. okienole3

okienole3 New Member

Jay must not of liked what he found out.

1stTimeCaller likes this.
  18. sportsproducer

Or he found nothing and decided it's not worth his time to even respond.

Have to say so far that Sunny and his staff have thi steam playing very well.

19. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Dang, I haven't been over here in years either. I knew 1TC was a peckerhead on the SO, but I didn't know he was here too.

Sounds to me like somebody (or somebody's brother maybe?) got snubbed by Sunny at some point and somebody (or somebody's brother maybe?) is bitter about it. I ain't saying all the "allegations" ain't true, I'm just saying until somebody shows me something - besides some miscreant like 1TC's schtuff - then I'll be more inclined to believe it.

I don't know enough about the inner workings of the program to comment one way or the other. All I know is I'll be at LDM hollering for the boys.

20. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

You make all the games Dean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.