1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE OFFICIAL QB RECRUITING THREAD

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by KingDavid, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is that your opinion or are you saying he's a Gamecock? ;)

2. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

:chicken: He is a Gamecock...his mentioned that Ole Miss was # 2 on his list :eek: then Bama :eek: . He said that the coaches from OU were treated him and his family well...That was about the gist of his commit speech.

The :chicken: fans are might full of themselves over on CockyTalk.

3. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

For what it's worth....John Brantley's Uncle used to play for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and he has a local radio show M-F 4-7 here in Tampa. He had John on the radio late last week...Thur or Fri and John was getting ready for his "official" visit @ sexaT. Scott talked to him after the visit and John said it went "well".

Well last nigh Scott Brantley was talking about it and a caller called in and asked where John was going to go to school...the funny thing was that his uncle said it was between sexaT, OU, and Florida :eek: ...Scott had said that he really hoped that John would end up at UF...if is only a 30 minute drive.

Sooooo, I called in because I know that Scott considers Bob Stoops one of the best coaches in college football. Scott's exact words were "if he ain't going to Florida, I am want him to go and play for a great coach like Bobby Stoops." I think Brantley and Stoops are "buddies" because he was a linebacker @ UF and he did radio for the Gators during the time that Stoops was the DC. Brantley has always held Stoops in high regard and is pretty consistent with his praise for the Sooners.

I guess the point is that Scott Brantley really made it seem like John has not made up his mind yet...which prompted my phone call.

Kind of interesting.

4. Herr Scholz

Herr Scholz SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The speculation on this kid will last until signing day.

5. fwsooner22

fwsooner22 New Member

There was never a chance that Sexat was going to end up with 4 or 5 first line QB's. They have lost one and I will bet that they will lose at least one more recruit......It has happened to us many times......It's about playing time and opportunity with most kids (at least the ones with lots of talent).....

There is a HUGE opportunity to get immediate playing time in Norman with a team with a chance to win it all. Not so at Sexat right now. Unless there a couple more concussions (uhum) I mean stingers.

6. Herr Scholz

Herr Scholz SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I agree. I predicted Snead would transfer a while ago. Bad timing for him with McCoy having such a good season.

I think it'll come down to where and for whom he wants to play and if he truly wants to redshirt like he says. We'll see if he's truly in love with Austin like he says as well.

7. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Future playing time at the QB position is worse at Florida than probably any school in the country right now, they're stocked. I just have a difficult time seeing him go there. OU isn't even in the picture for Brantley since Nichol came onboard.

8. KingDavid

KingDavid Well-Known Member

My understanding is that Stoops assured Nichol that he would not take anymore recruits at QB. So that leaves Brantley stuck with his stupid decision.

I think the only room for a new addition is if there is the "transfer" that has been previously discussed . . . and that I hope, hope, hope is true.

9. KingDavid

KingDavid Well-Known Member

But now that I think about it, there's no way Flynn is going to transfer. He'd need to give notice before the end of the semester in order to enroll for the Spring . . . and there's no way he makes that decision until he knows that JR is leaving. So silly me.

10. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Considering Flynn won't graduate until May, why would he give notice during the spring?

snp likes this.
  11. snp

snp New Member

If it's not Flynn, I don't want to take on another QB.

12. TampaGator17

TampaGator17 New Member

Hey Sooners, just figured I'd update on what's been happening with Brantley... It looks like Florida is going to be stealing him back from the Hook 'em crowd. I know a lot of you were hoping to get him, but at least you won't have to play against him on a yearly basis. Good luck to you all in the Fiesta Bowl.

Boomer Sooner and Go Gators!

13. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Flynn is supposedly a Fall graduate.

Which still doesn't matter. I have a feeling that if he wants to show up on campus in the Spring, they'll make room for him in a grad seminar or three.

14. snp

snp New Member

Okay sure. Whatever you say.

15. Scott D

*shrug* last thing I saw on a LSU board was that he had 1.5 semesters left to complete as of November.

16. Frozen Sooner

I've heard some pretty convincing stuff that Flynn is looking to transfer at semester and expects to graduate. Whether that's true or not is, of course, subject to speculation.

17. Scott D

I tend to believe that his decision regardless won't happen until late Jan-early Feb (ie..by the cutoff for underclassmen to declare for the NFL draft). Either way, I'd say we'd be looking at a summer/fall transfer just on those grounds.

18. Frozen Sooner

I think the cutoff for the NFL draft is Jan 14th and that Flynn's going to know what Russell is going to do well before that. If we don't hear a formal announcement by the start of Spring classes, then I don't think he's coming in.

19. I think Russell will go pro and Flynn will stay to try and beat Perrilloux out for '07. Brantley is going to go to Florida and they'll move Newton to WR.

Tebow will be there for three more years, but I can see Urban running the 2 QB system with Tebow running and Brantley throwing - which I hope they do because it will keep them out of contention most years for the NC game (yes, I know they got in this year, but wait and see how bad they get throttled...it'll be like when Richt had UGA primed to go to the NC game and got his arse handed to him running the 2 QB in the SEC champ game.)

The kid that made a bad decision was Waggoner going to UF. He might jump ship...but I fell pretty good about Nichol coming in and competing right away; and you've got to love it that he'll be here all spring long to learn and progress. Should be interesting to see which of the 3 QB's we have will play. Oh let the QB controversy begin!

20. Octavian

Octavian SoonerFans.com Elite Member

any chance a Notre Dame win in the Sugar (yeah right) or a bad performance from Russel will cause him to stay in Baton Rouge another year?