1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE OFFICIAL QB RECRUITING THREAD

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by KingDavid, Sep 8, 2006.

1. KingDavid

KingDavid Well-Known Member

Trying to consolidate the data, here. As of 9/8/06 we're looking at the following targets (in no particular order):

1) Stephen Garcia
    2) Joe Chaisson
    3) Kodi Burns
    4) Mike Greco

Is John Brantley on our radar? I've seen conflicting reports on this.

Anyone else on the radar that I've missed?

2. There have been some new names I've heard in the last 48 hours, but I can't be sayin' anything just yet.

Brantley's on the radar, but as to how much is yet to be determined. I've heard a lot of RUMORS at this point but nothing that makes me feel we have a legit shot at him just yet. Maybe in the coming months and if we prove to him and his family that we still have the whorns number???....The one thing I do know about Brantley is that he is a great QB and should make a star where ever he ends up.

I think you can probably drop Joe Chaisson off your list (we seem to have cooled on him), but Garcia/Burns/Greco are accurate...for now...

3. KingDavid

Eager to hear the new names whenever you feel it's good to share . . .

4. KingDavid

OK. I think we need to add this one to the list. Check out that 40 split.

Cade Cooper

Dual-threat quarterback
    Ephraim (UT) Snow College

Ht: 6-foot-3
    Wt: 195 lbs
    Forty: 4.5 secs
    GPA: 3.25
    Class: 2007 (Junior College - Dec Grad)

5. KingDavid

Note that he's a December grad and could be in camp for the Spring. Can you say, Heupel II?

6. FroggyStyle22

FroggyStyle22 New Member

Are you hitting on him?

7. Heh. Good one.

8. GDC

GDC New Member

James Hale said one of those guys runs a 4.3 100.:eek:

9. Rogue

Rogue Answers - 25 Cents

Snow JC has been good to us.

10. that they have, maybe third times a charm....

11. OklahomaTuba

OklahomaTuba SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Any chance we can stay away from the highly recruited types from now on? ;)

12. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Not too many folks are after that 5'9" kid from Sulphur, maybe we could get him.

soonerhubs likes this.
  13. KingDavid

I'm 6'4", 265 and run a show-stopping 4.4 (in the 20). I have a 42 vertical (cm). I can throw it 60 on a rope (feet). Although I'm just under 35, I have all four years of eligibility. And I've received absolutely no attention from any recruiters.

14. Alright Chris Weinke.....

15. BIG_IKE

BIG_IKE New Member

We do need a QB..and fast.

16. BIG_IKE

BIG_IKE New Member

Actually..Demetrius Woods of Houston Lamar would not be a ba dchoice.

17. Did any of you hear the animal this morning when Hale and BBJ had Mike Greco on interview? It went something like this:
    Animal: "Mike, what kind of speed do you possess/when was the last time you were clocked?"
    MG: "When I first came to Pearl River I was clocked at a 4.426, but I feel that I am always a legit 4.3 guy all the time. I will use my legs sometimes but I'm not going to be a runner. I use my speed to get out of the pocket or scramble if I need to.
    Animal: "What interest do you have in OU if you have any interest at all?"
    MG: "I have a lot of interest in OU right now. They are number 1."
    Animal: "So Mike, what schools are in on you right now?"
    MG: "OU...."
    Animal: "Any others?"
    MG: "No...not right now."
    Animal: "So, wht are schools are you dealing with right now?"
    MG: "OU....."
    Animal: "Mike, what schools are you interested in and what schools are interested in you right now?"
    MG: "OU....."
    Animal (after Mike goes off air):
    BBJ:"Well James, it seems like OU is leading right now with Mike...uhhh...what other schools do you know of are interested in him?"
    Hale: "Well, all of the Mississippi schools know about him and are interested in him and there are a ton of other schools looking at him as well right now and breaking down his tape, but it sure sounds like Mike is really interested in OU."

I'll tell you what guys, after I heard that interview, it sounds to me like Mike is wanting to come here. At least that's what it SOUNDED like on the radio. A lot of awkward moments of silence when Mike would just say, "Uhh, just OU right now." James and BBJ seemed to be waiting for him to throw out some schools for them and he didn't at all...

18. SgtSooner

SgtSooner New Member

Can anyone give me the background & stats on this Mike Greco kid?