1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The Official MMA Thread***

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by stoops the eternal pimp, Feb 10, 2008.

1. reflector

reflector Well-Known Member

Frankie Edgar was able to submit Cub Swanson in the fifth round of their fight.

2. reflector

Robbie Lawler was able to beat Johny Hendricks to become the new UFC Welterweight champion tonight. It was a close fight, but I thought Robbie did deserve to win the decision.

3. stonecoldsoonerfan

stonecoldsoonerfan New Member

i thought lawler deserved it also. this weekend's card with jones vs. cormier should be very interesting, imo.

4. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Didn't get to watch the fight, but my first thought of hearing that Johny lost his belt to a split decision was surprising to me. You know that taking a belt usually has to be done by an KO/TKO/Tap/unanimous decision. Pretty good article I found below.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2292095-hendricks-vs-lawler-2-why-bigg-rigg-got-robbed-by-judges

5. reflector

I am looking forward to the fight tomorrow night.

6. reflector

Jon Jones was able to beat Daniel Cormier last night.

7. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Didn't see the fight, but was watching the other UFC guys twitter feeds. Seemed like most were rooting for Cormier. From what I read, Cormier gassed out. If Jones could take Cormier's uppercuts, it's gonna take a grappler to beat him. Not sure who in his weight class can do it, but I think that's the only way barring a lucky shot.

8. reflector

The spinning backfist KO from UFC 182 has been put up on YouTube. Watch it while you can. The UFC may take the video off of YouTube later on.

[video=youtube;o0EUleygJtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0EUleygJtI#t=25[/video]

9. reflector

10. reflector

Kimbo Slice has signed with Bellator. I guess he may be done with boxing.

11. reflector

Cung Le has retired from MMA.

12. reflector

Anderson Silva failed a drug test, testing positive for PEDs.

13. reflector

Robbie Lawler will have his next Title defense against Rory MacDonald at UFC 189 in July. I think this is the best matchup for Lawler. I thought he did enough to win in the previous two fights against Hendricks. I would like to see him fight somebody new before a third fight happens.

14. reflector

Ken Shamrock is set to fight Kimbo Slice in Bellator this Summer. This fight sounds insane to me. Kimbo is 41 years old. Shamrock is 51 years old. Shamrock has looked absolutely horrible in the last several years. I hope Shamrock gives up fighting before he dies in a cage.

15. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

All Ken has to do is wrestle him to the ground. Kimbo was worthless on the ground.

I agree, this fight is stupid.

16. reflector

Brock Lesnar has re-signed with the WWE. There had been speculation that he might come back to the UFC after his WWE contract expired. That seems unlikely now.

17. reflector

Tonight there is an event on Fox. The main event is Machida vs. Rockhold. It should be a good event.

18. reflector

Rockhold was able to beat Machida tonight. He actually stopped him in the second round.

19. reflector

Jon Jones has been stripped of the UFC Light Heavyweight title. He was in a hit and run recently. He keeps getting in trouble. I believe Daniel Cormier will fight Anthony Johnson now to determine the new champion. Jones has been suspended also.

20. reflector

Here is a video of Dana White talking about the Jones' situation.

[video=youtube;h-DWwELbKCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-DWwELbKCw[/video]