1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Johnny Football party doesnt stop

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Mazeppa, Feb 14, 2013.

1. IamJacksScreenName

IamJacksScreenName New Member

i guess suspending him for the coin toss or opening kickoff wasn't an option..

2. REDREX

REDREX New Member

Will he be available to sign autographs the first half ?

3. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I read your post before I saw who wrote it. There was NO doubt whose name i would see when I read the author.

4. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

heh

5. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

I understand that half game suspension for the minor violation of signing autographs that are intended to be sold.

What I don't understand is the NCAA closing the investigation. From everything I've seen, if a dealer decides to talk at a later date, the NCAA will no longer be able to go back and punish Manziel further.

I also don't understand why the NCAA assertively stated that Manziel did not take money. They sure as heck don't know that and there is plenty of circumstantial evidence indicating that he probably did take money. Why would the NCAA flat out claim Manziel's innocence?

It's almost as if the NCAA wanted this whole thing to go away. That's not how an enforcement arm of an organization is supposed to behave.

Now the question is, since the NCAA suspended Manziel and stated Manziel did not take money, are they going to suspend Clowney and the others for a half a game as well? We know that Clowney did exactly what the NCAA is claiming Manziel did - signed lots of autographs for brokers that he should have known were for resale.

6. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

It's a good thing Manziel didn't lie about having dinner with Deion Sanders. Then he'd really be in trouble.

7. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Heh

8. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

Even their suspensions happen at SEC speed.

9. sooner46

sooner46 New Member

What a joke.

I do not want anyone to get hurt and I mean that. But in this case if Rice broke his leg, I could see looking the other way.

Slap on hand.

10. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

It would be karma, and well-deserved!

11. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

[video=youtube_share;WXu6l2EVcG4]http://youtu.be/WXu6l2EVcG4[/video]

12. SoonerForLife92

SoonerForLife92 New Member

Can't wait to see you guys smash him this year. This whole debacle disgust me but I'm actually glad he is playing.

13. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Guess it wouldn't bother me if Johnny Hymen beat the bamers...again, and then got caught red handed in a burglary somewhere?

14. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

15. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Only way this ever gets reopened is if an autograph broker ever gets any sense of doing what's right which I doubt will ever happen.

So basically he's suspended for a half because the NCAA can't have any hard evidence that he took money, but since he clearly had some sort of agreement that ended in him signing thousands of autographs for a handful of people and allowed them to profit off his likeness.

If that truly is the case, then he should have been suspended the minute his family and/or aTm were trying to trademark "Johnny Football"

16. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

Maybe some rich booster will pay the broker to talk. Give him a million and he'll spill the beans in a second.

Of course Manziel's attorney would question the motivations but if enough detail was given it probably wouldn't matter...

17. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I wish I was creative so I could make stuff like this up.

18. PrideMom

PrideMom New Member

Too bad Texas A&M doesn't play Kansas State. They would even take a fifteen yard penalty by hitting him out of bounds. SOMEBODY will get to him sooner or later. What a shame to have NO CLASS!! He doesn't respect his team, school, authority, or the trophy he won.

19. MichiganSooner

MichiganSooner Well-Known Member

Only for some spending money.

20. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And he won't be signing any stinking receipts.

Capiche?