1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The inevitable has happened. Tebow waived by the Jets.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by sooneron, Apr 29, 2013.

1. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

The anger from losing to Florida a few years ago in the title game has all been supressed after the sh!t NYJ put him through this past season.

I was sick of the media circus they gave him in college, in Denver and even that arrival in NYJ press conference followed up by the shirtless rain run post-practice. Gag.

Everything since then, from starting Greg McElroy to "punt protector" duty to even that WTF Rex Ryan tattoo... ugh.

Best of luck on your future endeavors... but don't you dare go to St. Louis.

3. S.PadreIsl.Sooner

S.PadreIsl.Sooner Well-Known Member

4. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

Looks like Tebow better learn the words to Oh Canada!

5. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The guy is a football player. I'm a little surprised that he isn't willing to move to TE. Apparently other teams inquired about him but only if he would agree to try TE. He wasn't.

6. Dan Thompson

Dan Thompson New Member

This must be about the shortest career of any Heisman winner.

7. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Given what happened with Warner after the Arena League, maybe
    he should do that. At least he'd be out of the national sports pic
    for a while.

8. Taxman71

Taxman71 New Member

Lets not get into that argument[JWhite].

9. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

Almost identical to Eric Crouch.

10. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I admit that if he were to go to the CFL or Arena Football, I would suddenly have a reason to watch either and would seek em out on NBC Network or NFL Network or whoever has broadcast rights.

However, I don't expect him to jump to either till the NFL thing doesn't pan out in preseason with whatever team takes a chance on him.

PS: Just take him Jacksonville. You'll give immediately fan interest and you didn't draft a QB this year (unless Denard Robinson counts). Nike would love you forever, since they just redesigned those Jax unis too.

11. sooneron

I'm fairly certain that the Jags ownership wants the team to die on the vine so they can bolt for LA LA Land.

12. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

this is a Who Cares moment for me.

sooneron likes this.
  13. sooneron

14. sooner_born_1960

sooner_born_1960 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If Tebow can be an NFL tight end, why do teams even bother drafting people who actually played the position? Hell, why even hire football players to play the position?

15. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Good riddance!

16. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

**** Tim Tebow.....!!!

17. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've thought this since he was in college at FU.

18. agoo758

agoo758 New Member

sooneron likes this.
  19. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I like the picture floating around on facebook that has him holding up a sign that says "Will Punt Protect For Food"

20. sooneron

GMAFB. It had more to do with the embarrassing situation for all parties involved. Enjoy some red back at ya. And if you're looking for sob stories about people that have it so bad, don't peruse a football board.