1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Hunger Games movie

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by ouwasp, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Howzit

Howzit Junice Groupie

He'd rather be right up their's.

2. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Or yours...just not Norm's.

3. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Funny how nobody ever had to poop, pee or use anti-bacterial hand gel. They had medicine that looked like KY Jelly that cured everything. Dr. McCoy (Bones) would have been fascinated by their primitive medicinal methods. Some of that could maybe have helped someone that got hit by a Phaser that was set higher than stun. It might have taken the wrinkles out of Worf's Forehead giving him that Circumcised Klingon look.

[​IMG]

4. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

How many other movies show teenagers pooping, peeing, or using hand sanitizer?

Keep in mind that the book takes place hundreds of years after the present, so there are bound to be considerable advances in medicine which is pretty obvious when you read through the books. Also keep in mind that there are two levels of medical care: there are the natural and homeopathic treatments that are generally the only care available to people in the districts and then there is the modern/advanced medical care available to people from the Capitol.

8timechamps likes this.
  5. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Hey Mr. sensitive. They were digging coal and eating Burnt bread that was for fatting up the pigs. When the kid throws her bread it lands in the muddy street where the pig poop runs off with the rain water. Also as easy as Freindship Bread is to make and Wheat is to harvest you'd think they would have been smart enough to grow and grind flour.

They could have had them wearing diapers as they got used to eating once they were shaving the hair and hot waxing their genitals prior to giving them suits of fire. Keep in mind that many folks who believe in homeopthic care are as stoned as Ricky Williams LoL

Did you forget that I too am the Son of an Osteopath? I understand that sometimes making an old Black Cordial or having a little bactine in your medicine cabinet might be useful.

6. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Btw it's a bit Hoky and pretty stupid. I kept thinking of Running Man without the Super Hero Suits. Stephen King is probably wondering how the hell this is making money.

7. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Stephen King is no doubt a better writer and uses big words and stuff compared to the Hunger Games but he ain't exactly batting .1000.
    Pet Cemetery was pretty effing lame.

8. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Yep! I've been an avid reader since I was a kid, and thought it would transfer to my kids...not so much. This series of books and Collins certainly earned my respect, if only because my son is reading!

I didn't see the preview for Abe Lincoln: Vampire Killer before this movie, but I've seen it. I don't get it either...other than a studio looking to capitalize on the vampire thing (in which case, they seem a little late to the party).

I did see a preview for Tim Burton's new movie with Johnny Depp; Dark Shadows. Depp plays Dracula (I think), who wakes up in the suburbs in the 70's. It actually looked kind of good, but in an Edward Scissorhands kind of way.

9. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I am guessing (maybe hoping) that reducing vampires to parody will mark the end or at least the beginning of the end of the current vampire craze (Love At First Bite did this back in the day). Mind you, I was always a big fan of vampire movies as long as they had something new to say, a twist or something unexpected to add to the genre. Vampires as beautiful, sensitive types was pretty much covered in the first book of the Twilight series and everything since was just a way to keep money flowing to the franchise (thus following in the footsteps of Lord of the Rings and/or Harry Potter as examples of how to extend the life of a cash cow).

Dark Shadows will actually fall within the realm of something new while entertaining us in much the same way as Beetlejuice.

10. SicEmBaylor

I will burn down the theater before I sit and watch the Lincoln movie.

Burn it to the ground. Burn it all.

11. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Read Game of Thrones first for crying out loud ya big Girl!

12. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

Dark Shadows is a remake of a late 60's soap opera of the same name. Depp is playing Barnabas Collins, and once again Burton is able to provide his wife with employment. There was also an early 90's remake of Dark Shadows with Ben Cross playing the lead role.

13. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Helen Bonham Carter is very pretty and talented so I don't mind. Thats a rare combo in movies these days.

14. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I kept thinking the name sounded familiar, that would be why.

I may be in the minority, but I like Johnny Depp (not all his politics and such, just his acting). He can be pretty funny at times. For me, the jury is still out on Tim Burton...sometimes I like his work, sometimes it just seems like he is trying to recreate a dream he had while on an acid trip. For example, even as a kid I thought there was something a little but creepy about Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, but when I saw the Burton Remake, and while it wasn't a horrible movie, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was dark. Just a strange dude, I think.

15. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Lincoln was the greatest President we have ever had. Just a genius who could read books by candle light.

16. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Yeah my Daughter has all those too. I think she's getting close to have read more books than I have but nobody will ever catch my post count on SFs.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

[​IMG]

17. SicEmBaylor

As opposed to everyone else at the time who read by lightbulb?

8timechamps likes this.
  18. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Lincoln invented the Hand held Gattling Gun. He did it after being shot at this one time were he had gone to the store for some candy and Ice Tea.

[​IMG]

19. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The author of the new Steve Jobs biography was on Squawk on the Street this morning. He said after Jobs dropped out of college, he got a job at Atari. Due to his lack of hygiene, however, they created a night shift with Jobs the only one working that shift.

20. SicEmBaylor

A Derringer>handheld Gattling gun.