1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "Football Brainiacs" claim Cody Thomas is looking like the best QB.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Landthief 1972, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Landthief 1972

Landthief 1972 New Member

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-oklahoma-sooners-football-scrimmage-notes-8-15-15

2. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

AND, he has a mean curveball...er,

3. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

Is he the kid someone told me would play for the Yankees someday...even though he quit baseball?

4. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

IDK who will start at qb this year and I don't care who ends up as the starter.What I do care about is that we get MUCH better qb play,whover the starter is.Sixty plus percentage completion rate and at least 2-1 TD to Int ratio. That is the minimum level we need to compete for a Big 12-2 title
    let alone a payoff shot.

5. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Agree.

I don't care who starts as long as the offense keeps moving and putting up points.

5-0

6. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

Those Brainiacs "was told" a bunch of stuff....

Is that a 3rd party "was told" site or do they actually watch scrimmages and practices etc.?

Sounds like a good solid competition is taking place for the starting role.

7. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

AND I READ an SB writer insist from personal observation that Knight and Mayfield are far more mobile than Cody, which will be essential in this offense. I, on the other hand, don't know squat...

8. dwarthog

9. BermudaSooner

BermudaSooner Well-Known Member

Why does the QB need to be mobile? I thought the whole point of this offense was slinging the ball around quickly. Those TTech QBs haven't been very mobile. 1-2 step drop and throw.

10. dwarthog

We like the illusion that our QB is a running threat. Until he gets nailed by a couple of dudes with bad intentions playing defense and we lose him for a game or two or three or ............

11. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We are going to need better than that. According to most of the reports, we can't stop the run. They are giving all the credit to the running backs, but that doesn't add up this early with this many new starters on the line. My thinking is that we are going to need something like a +1 to +2 TO margin to offset our defense. So given last year's dismal numbers, I'm thinking around 24 TOs generated.

Extrapolating the math, we are going to need that ratio closer to 8-1 (assuming 32 TDs/4 Ints) because we are going to lose 8 fumbles.

12. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

TFB is a fun site to read, but as with any reporting site, if they're the only ones reporting it, take the reports with a grain of salt

It would be the ultimate upset if Cody gets the starting job. They all have college football game experience and of the three, Cody's game time was the least impressive thus far, IMHO.

but by all means, start the guy that performs the best in camp, especially when we're facing the daunting task of Akron in the opening week. If he can't perform well against Akron Zip Zip, then he's only a good practice QB... but if he does, then offseason wasn't a fluke.

13. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

We don't need a mobile quarterback. If the coaches will wake up and look around the roster, they'll notice Perine is there and design the offense around him.

All we need is a quarterback who can handle the snap from center, turn half way, then hand the ball to Perine.

14. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've got three years left! Sign me up!

15. kbsooner21

kbsooner21 New Member

Still didn't read anything that "claimed" anything...

16. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We did that last year and man could be beat up the likes of Kansas and ISU. Perine had a solid game against Clemson and we barely managed to avoid being shutout. Even if we can get Perine 30 touches a game, the QB better play a lot better than last year on those other plays or we'll be looking at WVU as our highest quality win again this year.

17. Landthief 1972

Landthief 1972 New Member

You're seriously going to split hairs on the choice of the word "claim" when the second through fifth bullet point in the QB section says:

Followed by a less-than-stellar statement regarding Mayfield:

They wrote the article, they quoted sources, ergo, they are making a claim.

18. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Mobile quarterbacks should be like Aaron Rodgers instead, where passing is the top priority, but you can run for a first down if nobody's open.

If you'd rather run-first, play running back.

19. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

TFB are what they are. They clearly do have contacts with people either inside the program or who are allowed to view practices/scrimmages. And much like eye witnesses at a trial, those contacts can be unreliable. I enjoy the coverage because at least they write about OU football when little real info is coming from the program. I don't bet money based on the info, and I'm not going to get my feelers hurt if report something bogus. Just light entertainment and the price is right.

20. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Its the best pure OU football site I've come across.