1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texas Tech's Eye Makeup

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by KantoSooner, Oct 29, 2013.

1. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Can anyone here help me understand why playing for Texas Tech makes some large, otherwise masculine looking line men want to don eye makeup in the mode of a drunk, rejected, slutty trailer trash woman? It's been going on for long enough that it's become sort the Tech trademark; I don't think we can ignore it and have it go away. Since it's rather unsettling, I'd like to understand the phenomenon.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They take it to extremes, but I've seen some/maybe one of OUr guys on D do that...

not sure....weird.

3. DarrellZero

DarrellZero New Member

You have heard the rumors about their coach, right?

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Lubbock has no trees, therefore no shade, a lot of sand from windy west Texasness and thus, nobody at Tech has their real eyes anymore.

Wealthy coaches like Kliff can pay for plastic surgery to impersonate Ryan Gosling. The rest of Tech needs to wear eye makeup

5. PrideMom

PrideMom New Member

Josh used the black under his eyes to help zero in. It acts like a telescope, I think. Or maybe it is just war-paint to look mean?

6. ouflak

ouflak Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

I actually thought that kind of thing was against the rules. But I might be thinking of the NFL.... Wasn't there something Tebow about this, that there had to be specific guidelines for what you could put under eyes for glare and what you couldn't?

7. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

You can no longer scribble Bible verses, area codes or other stuff on eye black, but to my knowledge painting your entire face black is not against the rules. It's also not unique to Tech --- a certain cancer survivor did it at Boston College, for example:
    [​IMG]

8. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Didn't Tom Wort paint himself up like The Ultimate Warrior at least once?

9. fadada1

fadada1 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Al Jolson played football for Tech? Who knew....

10. BigJerm7

BigJerm7 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Brandon Carter was a boob.

11. bmjlr

bmjlr Active Member

Didn't Dusty Dvoracek put a lot of black on his face as well?

12. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I thought so too, but I guess not.

John Randall started it back when he played for the Vikings. All others are just imitators.

13. OkieThunderLion

OkieThunderLion New Member

I'm still scarred from that dude's butt falling out on Owen Field.

14. OkieThunderLion

Yes, but not Halloween make-up.

15. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

Glad it's them and not OU. Looks like some of those bizarre Raider fans that briefly haunt my TV screen.

16. OkieThunderLion

Yeah. Their fans do it too.

17. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

....should they change their mascot to Tammy Faye Bakker?

ss

18. OUDizzle

OUDizzle New Member

[​IMG]

19. LiBeartarian

LiBeartarian New Member

20. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The purpose is reduce sun glare from one's cheekbones. Supposedly. I used it in my college qb experience, but really wonder about its effectiveness. I feel its use in night games is totally ridiculous.