1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texas AD to be canned......

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Salt City Sooner, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

2. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Does this mean shaggybevo gets its name back?

3. deweydw

deweydw Well-Known Member

Heh, I heard someone hired a plane to fly a banner over the stadium Saturday stating "Fire Patterson". Must of been Lid.

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

All that bad whorn karma culminated in this. Being the most valuable NFL franchise hasn't made the Dallas Cowboys the Super Bowl champs in about 20 years, and Texas athletic department wasn't going to get any closer to winning conference and national championships by bringing in even more money... so what does Stupid Steve Patterson do?

UT fans are less abrasive and arrogant than ever, so I feel bad for them slightly. However, this news will be welcomed by everyone (except Patterson I guess) so I can stop feeling slightly bad I guess :mack:

5. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

No reason to feel too sorry for the dude.

This will still buy a lot of fish bait to go with that free time.

6. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

That one word describes the whole problem with Texas; whorns, aggy, cowboys, etc! That whole state thinks they know better than anyone else in the world and still believe it even if you prove them wrong! Hope they keep going thru a string of ADs, coaches and Pres. The new whorn president is engineer. Although a smart guy, I'm sure, I don't know if he has the thinking skills to be president of a major university.

7. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Texas will soon be rid of Rick Perry which may solve many state problems. It doesn't sound like he will be missed by many other than cronies. I'm not sure how much the new guy likes UT, but it can't be as bad as a former Texas A&M yell leader in charge of appointing your regents :eek:

8. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

Rick Perry's been out of office for over 8 months now badger, lol

9. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

I can't stop laughing at Texass's ineptitude...and I hope it continues forever.

10. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

LOL. I wished Oklahoma had the problems and economy Texas has. Perry may not have been the sharpest tack in the box but at least he stayed out of the way of others who knew what they were doing.

11. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

Man, Prez Fenves must really, really hate him.
    I can think of over 5 million rea$on$ to not fire Patterson.

12. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It wasn't the prez as much it was Jamail and McCombs, when they are publicly quiet is when it time to worry. My friends who are donors for tickets made their displeasure with the changes known as well. Patterson pissed off the little people and the big donors in record time.

13. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I guess they should've gone with Luck. They sure ain't had any since they hired Patterson!

14. TAFBSooner

TAFBSooner Well-Known Member

Thinking skills we've got. Being president of a major university requires people skills. I suppose being president of tu requires analogous skills.

Which reminds me. Tennessee wasn't all bad - during their timeouts they gave major props to a couple of engineering grads. One of which was from their department of nuclear engineering, which being close to Oak Ridge, I believe would be pretty good.

15. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I know a guy who went to Oak Ridge high in the 1960's. Said they had Nobel winners teaching HS Physics.

16. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

They have 7,000 unsold Cotton Bowl tickets! Who'd ever thought that would happen? They may all be sold today however!

17. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

I just listened to Fox CFB and Klatt said Mack and Charlie are closer than it appears. He said that Stevie had Mack banned from the football complex and Charlie sneaked Mack in for a talk with their assistant coaches. It was his opinion, fwiw, that Mack will be the new AD.

Stevie, it appears, was the ultimate bean counter accountant with no common sense and people skills whatsoever.

I can't say that I didn't enjoy his tenure as the Whorn's AD. Nothing I like more than 65-13 or 63-14 on the field whippings than seeing their Holier-than-thou fans completely pizzed off, and we had nothing to do with it.

18. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Boy howdy, the state economy sure suffered under Rick - what a dunce!

19. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

I was thinking Mack would leave the coaching job to be AD when he finally left

Patterson pissed off all levels of fans. That's not a good move when the teams aren't even winning.

20. mainline13

mainline13 Member

I am SO disappointed. When I saw the thread title, I thought it said caned. I thought "Cool, that's what prolly needs to happen to just about everyone there." Plus, caning may not even be illegal or anything in Texas.

When I realized that I had misread it I was a little embarrassed, but after a quick minute, it was all just disappointing.