1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TCU Game in GIFs

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by jkm the stolen pifwafwi, Oct 9, 2014.

1. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Play 1 - Run Blitz gets absolutely hammered with 4 on 2 at the hole.

[​IMG]

Play 2 - Linebacker has to make this play

[​IMG]

I'll try to get some more, but gifsoup crashed on me and i need to find an alternative.

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

OMG we're moving the ball! We're gonna score and win this game the ball is mov...
    [​IMG]
    Bawwww

3. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

I guess I'm just going to have to ignore that lame post

Play 3 - Sanchez needs to be shut down for the season, he looks slower than a DL out there.
    [​IMG]

4. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

Play 4 - Grissom plays this well

[​IMG]

5. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

Play 5 - Evans fills, but he needs to make that play on the other side of the LOS. Linebackers are better, but honestly they are average by OU standards.

[​IMG]

6. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

Play 6 - Sanchez and Stryker whiff. they make that tackle its 3-0

[​IMG]

7. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

Play 7 - This one looks like we had some confusion on the calls. Ndulae goes way too far inside (when he had position on the DL) and Grissom doesn't close. The saddest part is Evans getting blown up

[​IMG]

8. jkm I cant see..Who is the player in the first one that gets rolled by the FB?

9. Striker is such a feast or famine player..

10. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

Hayes

11. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

He isn't the only one. This reminds me a lot of a BV defensive performance. You have 2 consistent guys out there (Ndulae and Grissom) and they are pressing because no one else can make a play causing them to be much worse.

12. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

Our first play. Interesting design

WRs crack back on the linebackers, we pull the TE and outside tackle to take out the corner/safety with the guard having to take out the DE. In other words, a lot of moving pieces where things are going to go wrong

actual result - OG doesn't seal so the play is spread out to the sideline. TE/T end up being taken out by the corner leaving 1 on 1 safety/RB in a 5 yard corridor. Safety wins

[​IMG]

13. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

OU Play 2 - dive up the middle

Straight ahead blocking with the center supposed to chip and get the linebacker.

Actual Result - Linebacker has none of it and flies past for the tackle. I remember when we had linebackers like this

[​IMG]

Note: this is my point on the running game. We execute 7/8 blocks on this play, but the one we fail is at the point of the attack causing a loss on the play.

14. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

OU Play 3 - 3rd and 12

Design - Vertical, option route on the TE, 12 yard cross with shep

Actual Result - Horrid option route, shep was open, Guard and Center get destroyed by bull rushes.

[​IMG]

15. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Please make it stop!!!

16. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

will do

17. This last play is the problem I have had with the passing offense for year. Basic routes, no real options, and even those routes are ran incorrectly about 40 percent of the time.

I realize it's tough for me to look at things through the collegiate eval eyes, but it's not good..Even when OU is winning, it still isn't good.

18. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

Have to also wonder if that is why Knight was so inaccurate for the game. If he clubbed his hand on one of those helmets that isn't something that goes away quickly.

19. scott

scott New Member

That first play with Ross actually doesn't look too bad. If bell and williams don't block the same guy (and one blocks the guy that makes the tackle) ross might have gotten vertical

20. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

The ONLY thing I like on this play is the fact that Chuka was playing to the whistle (and made the tackle). Everything else about it is terrible.