1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switzer rescues Rottweiler from hot car

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by bmjlr, Aug 8, 2013.

1. bmjlr

bmjlr Active Member

Former Dallas Cowboys coach rescues Rottweiler from hot car
    NORMAN, Oklahoma (KFOR) – Former Dallas Cowboys coach Barry Switzer has a new best friend after rescuing a dog from a hot car earlier this week.

Switzer said he saw the dog in the vehicle, which had the windows down, but still felt bad for the pup.

He took “Sassy” from the vehicle, found the owners and bought the dog from them on the spot.

Then he took her to a vet for a complete check up.

“I told the doc. I want rabies shots, check for worms, everything,” Switzer said. “They even clipped the toenails so it was a pedicure for her. She went to the spa.”

Switzer took the Rottweiler home to meet his four-legged crew.

He is now calling the pup “Stella” while he hand-picks the new owners.

“I want some loving family who loves dogs and cares about dogs like I do to be able to have her,” Switzer said.

This little guy and Switzer’s German Shepherd, “Sieger” seem to be getting along just fine.

http://www.ksn.com/2013/08/08/former-dallas-cowboys-coach-rescues-rottweiler-from-hot-car/

2. deweydw

deweydw Well-Known Member

It's good to be the King.

3. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

He has a heart of gold! So glad he's watching out!

4. En_Fuego

En_Fuego New Member

[​IMG]

Long Live The King

5. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bob works on Tornado relief, Barry rescues overheated dogs, Boz rips doors off of burning cars to rescue passengers (presumably hot young women - I am not waiting for his rescue next time I"M in a burning car...)
    Is there really anything good, clean and All-American that the OU football team is NOT responsible for?

6. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

Unfortunately this violated SPCAA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Athletic Animals) and the K9 squad will be put on probation this year.

7. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

What kind of owners would sell their dog on the spot? Apparently owners who leave a dog in a hot car.

8. MsProudSooner

MsProudSooner New Member

I bet Switzer offered much more than the dog was worth.

9. KantoSooner

Texans.

So they could take the money and buy cats and meth.

It's a well known fact.

C&CDean likes this.
  10. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

How are you going to put a price on a member of your family?

11. MsProudSooner

MsProudSooner New Member

1) Not everyone looks at their pets that way. My ex's uncle was always saying,"It's just a dog."
    2) Maybe they were afraid of bad publicity if they didn't sell him the dog.
    3) Maybe they didn't have kids. I can't see anyone who had kids who love their dog selling the pup.

I'm the type that always imagines a crying child missing every dog in a shelter.

12. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Maybe people on the way back to the shelter who adopted the dog and decided they couldn't keep it. FREE MONEY!

13. En_Fuego

En_Fuego New Member

Bingo !

14. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Yup. I love my Dogs and spoil em rotten . But in the end they are just animals and Im not their "Daddy"

Ive left my Dogs in the truck with the windows Rolled up and the doors locked many times.
    Course it was running and the A/C was on.

15. KantoSooner

What about the radio?

You're heartless if you don't leave the puppies with some good tunes. I'd suggest 'Terrapin Station', it seems to calm the canine soul.

16. olevetonahill

They will listen to Classic Rock and Like it.

17. MsProudSooner

MsProudSooner New Member

:applause:

You are lucky you don't live in Tulsa. We don't have a decent classic rock station any more.

18. olevetonahill

Down here either Hon
    Mostly Classic Country .