1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switzer addresses Penn State situation

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by badger, Jul 23, 2012.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Linky

2. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ahem, Barry has never been too, emm, happy with the NCAA.

3. Landthief 1972

Landthief 1972 New Member

The players (unless they were die-hard PSU fans) aren't penalized. Outside of USC, how many other students from schools hit with major sanctions have been allowed to leave at will with no penalty? Regarding the fans, if they want to be mad, be mad at Paterno, not the NCAA. The NCAA is doing its job - Paterno did not.

4. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

They are free to go play elsewhere.....Barry is dead wrong.....

5. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Yup, Barry missed the mark on this one.

6. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

Yep, Barry's got a culture problem.

7. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think the National Communists might have gone a little too far IMHO but they DID need to take action.

8. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wonder what the Boz thinks?

9. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^

10. Seamus

Seamus New Member

"I'm not leaving my kids to the Joe Paternos and Mike McQuearys of the world."

Ol' Barry and Jackie are looking pretty good in comparison these days ...

11. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

With almost EVERY NCAA punishment innocent players and fans are 'so-called' punished. I think a lot of these PSU fans need to wake up to the actions (or inactions) of JoePa. They don't get it!

12. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Gotta agree. Completely. It should have been worse.

13. brainpimp

brainpimp New Member

Sorry Barry, you're wrong.

14. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

I'm going to have to agree to disagree with Barry on this one, however I can most certainly understand Barrys disdain for anything NCAA.

15. marfacowboy

marfacowboy New Member

They're affected, but they at least have some choices. Frankly, this affects that whole community, including the merchants. Their program revenues will fall, ticket sales, game attendance...all of these things affect that whole community. It's a big deal for a lot of people.

16. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

I don't know. I can't find anything wrong with this statement by The King:

“We can’t change what the sorry bastard Sandusky did, right? And everybody can have a knee jerk reaction that I’m not thinking about (the victims). They are full of crap. I am still thinking about them. But I am also thinking about the players that wanted to go to Penn State... That’s the school they wanted to go to. They had nothing to do with this. They had done everything right.”

Personally, I believe they should civilly (or criminally) prosecute everyone who had something to do with the filthy deed and the "cover-up," and leave the football team alone. I guess I'm the only one who agrees with Barry.

17. MeMyself&Me

MeMyself&Me New Member

You're not the only one. I pretty much agree with your last paragraph there. We have a civil and a criminal process for these things and those that were involved will be punished. There's nothing from the NCAA sanctions that punish those involved except maybe taking wins from Peterno.

18. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

I've got no problem with whatever they do to the dead guy. Paterno should have retired 25 years ago and enjoyed his golden years instead of coaching a POS football team and allowing a POS Chester the Molester go on about his business unabated. Like Barry said, it ain't the players' fault, nor the fans. He's not wrong here.

19. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I can't help but believe this is why Paterno never stepped down....he had to keep the lid on Sandusky.

20. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

I guess Barry was giving his 2 cents worth about the NCAA hammering Penn State on the Brando CFB show, a few minutes ago. Anyone got a transcript or summary of what Barry said? thx