1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suc's 3rd National Championship GAME

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by TopDaugIn2000, Jan 5, 2006.

1. TopDaugIn2000

TopDaugIn2000 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

anyone else catch that before the game?????

2. OklahomaTuba

OklahomaTuba SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Its kinda the same thing with Bama. Every time they step on the field, its a national championship game.

3. oumartin

oumartin New Member

it blows my mind. Its like LSU doesn't even own the Crystal ball.
    USC darn sure wasn't playin' for their third nor do they have 7NC let alone 12 as claimed by Keith Jackson.

4. KABOOKIE

KABOOKIE SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I fogot about that year when USC played Michigan for the AP title. Damn that 8-3 Michigan team almost took home the title.

5. Big John

Big John New Member

I was surprised when they showed two coaches with 4 championships and another with 1. I'm sure they gave credit to Carroll for 2, so that means they gave credit to USC for 11. That disgust me.

6. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

I wonder if the media will now publicly acknowledge LSU's crystal for '03.

7. Soonerfan85

Soonerfan85 Active Member

Uh, did you have a brain aneurysm rooting for Texas last night?

The media will forever pimp USC as 2003 National Champions. :mad:

8. Big Red Ron

Big Red Ron SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Of course they will because their little poll is more accurate than the combination of polls, computer averages and strenght of schedule is.:rolleyes:

9. NickZeppelin

NickZeppelin New Member

USC is becoming more and more legend every year. If they lose a game or two still win the PAC 10 and go to the Rose Bowl again then they'll say this is the 4th straight championship game USC has been to.

10. BoomerSoonhauer

BoomerSoonhauer New Member

I noticed that Homer Jackson was really careful when they showed the highlights of that Phantom Championship to call it THE ASSOCIATED PRESS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

What does that trophy look like??

11. Geekboy

Geekboy New Member

USuck won the AP national title. LSU won THE national title.

Let's see, was Michigan playing for the national title also in that Rose Bowl
    against USuck?

12. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

SF85, if you have ever bothered to read any of my other posts you would know that I was one of the few diehards that absolutely, freaking never, ever joined the root for texas/again suc club. Are you the one that gave me anonymous red yesterday for bashing texass?

13. Soonerfan85

Soonerfan85 Active Member

Sorry F&G, but you're search for the negspec villian will have to continue as this morning was the first time I've logged in to/posted on SF.com in weeks.

I wasn't as much implying that YOU in particular pulled for Texas as much as I was implying that a Sooner fan could suffer an aneursym by simply pulling for Texas and that might explain why for a split second or two you thought the national media had regained its collective sanity.

Having said that, I DID pull for Texas to beat USC and don't belive any Sooner fan should have to apologize for doing so in this situation. Nor do I believe those who remained neutral or pulled for USC should feel the need to apologize either. For the life of me I can't see how ANYONE could remain neutral during last night's game.

14. sas

sas New Member

they can say they did................

15. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well, I can say I own 12 BMWs, but I don't.

I own 13. :D

16. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

Sorry to overract then, but the thought of any Sooner rooting for texass yesterday really chapped my ***, and I certainly was not in that camp.
    I will admit that I was rooting for suc the whole time, even when it was painfully obvious texass was the better team last night.
    However, I am more of a glass half full person, so I am trying to look at what few positives there are from this situation.

1. It was funny as hell to see suc meltdown and whinehart lose it on national t.v
    2. The "streak" panic ends (like they would have reached it anyway)
    3. We now will get a chance to beat the defending NC's next year
    4. Programs like Kansas now have a longer winning streak than suc:D :D
    5. No Herr until August
    6. In a few days when all the dust settles, Sooners will again be united on the topic of texass

17. Jason White's Third Knee

Jason White's Third Knee SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Fixed.

18. Jason White's Third Knee

Jason White's Third Knee SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You know, they make creams to help with that.

Can I get an Amen?

TUSooner likes this.
  19. SoDakSooner

SoDakSooner New Member

Only the media(and I suppose USC) was touting the game as a chance at a 3 peat. Just trying to up the ratings. I figure since the NCAA is the power in charge of college football they set the rules. NCAA site does not recognize anyone but LSU as the 2003 National Champ.

20. TopDaugIn2000

TopDaugIn2000 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

oh yeah, I LOVED that moment :rolleyes: