1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Street Outlaws on Discovery

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by colleyvillesooner, Jun 12, 2013.

1. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's about the underground street racing in OKC and the exclusive top 10 rankings. Only watched it cause it was in OKC. It was ok for reality TV.

Anyone know any of these guys or hear about this before?

http://press.discovery.com/us/dsc/programs/street-outlaws/

2. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

No. and yer Link dont work

3. olevetonahill

but strangely enough it DOES when I quote ya.

4. olevetonahill

If this is true , They Suck Donkey Balls

5. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I only watched it because of its location in OKC.

I like all the local shots in the show, however, these guys are a bunch of serious mouth-breathers and aren't very believable as far as reality TV norms, which aren't exactly very high.

Quotes like: "I'm on probation and don't want to go to jail!" "I couldn't leave my kids without their Dad." Then racing their "funny cars" in broad daylight. Also, claiming to be the fastest cars in the country is an entirely aggie thing to do.

Plus, identifying their businesses, names and filming them breaking the law is just a tad on the side of fish stink to me.

Giving Okies a good name once again, along the lines of Okie Noodling and Reed Timmer's panicked screams.

6. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Discovery Channel plays internationally as well, don't forget.

I'll nver forget the days of complete bliss I had in Tokyo when Okie Noodling first came out. Before that my friends, family and neighbors had only known of 'Oklahoma' as a mystical, awesome place populated by awesome people, like me.

Then they watched the show.

I swear, I almost had my bar tab signing rights revoked at the local.

7. OklaPony

OklaPony Well-Known Member

Yes, it really goes on and often for very real dollars. Yes, the OKC racers are well-known in those circles. Although the private airport thing was a somewhat sane idea, I don't condone any of it. IMO, take it to the track or leave it in the garage.

Some of the guys on the show the other night were also on one of the original seasons of Pinks, back when they were actually putting ownership of the cars on the line. If I remember correctly, the OKC crew brought home that Vega wagon called The Woolly Mammoth after winning it in Arizona(?).

8. Lott's Bandana

I forgot to add. One of the "stars" has already been, "tragically killed on May 28th, 2013."

No data.

Yes, I'm curious.

9. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Looks like suicide.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576665

10. Lott's Bandana

11. BudSooner

BudSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I only watched it for 20 minutes, then went and took a ****, hey it made for a great laxative.

12. Petro-Sooner

Petro-Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Oklahoma white trash at its best.

13. texaspokieokie

texaspokieokie New Member

the reality of this show is on par with the motorcycle gangs in San Diego, Laffing Devils & Sinister Mob. Can't remember name of show, it consisted
    mostly of guys sitting around talking about what they were gonna do to the opposing club members. Really silly !!!

Kid that lost race last nite, blamed it on his not turning on his NOS. Actually he lost because the other guy took off about a full second before he did.

This is a stupid show, & people who watch it (such as me) have plenty of time to waste.