1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spoiled? Whining?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by tbl, Nov 8, 2009.

1. tbl

tbl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I honestly don't understand this garbage. What the flip kind of decent programs fanbase is happy with the kind of crap we've seen, in particular last night? Oh, so we get frustrated about it, have VALID complaints against players and coaches (or at least speculate on what could be the problem), and all of a sudden "8-4 is pretty good! Any program would be happy with that! Stop whining and acting so spoiled!"

What the mess kind of crap is that??? WE SCORED 3 POINTS ON A TEAM THAT LOST TO IOWA STATE! If there are OU fans out there content with that, then go root for Baylor or some team that is content with mediocrity and sucking. Me? I'll stay a Sooner and NOT be cool with this, thank you very much. I'm not saying fire Stoops or anything crazy like that, but hello!

morans...

2. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I get were your coming from. I have the same feelings about what I've seen.

I also think people need to step back lay off a 19 year old kid who just met a defense that makes * d pale in comparison.

3. sooner59

sooner59 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I made the trip to Lincoln, saw corn fields, was puzzled by how excessively nice the people were, went to the game, tried Runza, and made the trip back.

I have come to the conclusion that I am a Sooner fan.....always have been...always will be. I had a fun trip. I watched a great defensive performance, and saw the offense try hard but not be able to put it together against a good defense and a big-time atmosphere. I wish we would have won, but I am not mad. I had fun. I will be in the stands when we beat A&M next week, and I will cheer my team on.

I have nothing ill to say. That is all.

4. En_Fuego

En_Fuego New Member

WOW tbl.....is your post count correct and can you kick a field goal.

You are hired !

5. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No one's content. Some of us just happen to remember it is just a game. Whether we win or lose doesn't reflect on me personally, so why should I take it personally?

Octavian likes this.
  6. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

...but I expect perfection week in and week out from these 20 year olds damnit!!!!

Buy a ****ing clue, no one is happy about the game. Some of us realize that throwing one player under the bus is goofy when the entire O looked bad.

7. ouwapiti

ouwapiti New Member

what exactly is a 'moran'?????

MamaMia likes this.
  8. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

^^^ You need to be a long-timer to understand that.

9. OKLA21FAN

OKLA21FAN New Member

this

10. tanjou

tanjou hello.gif

Football fans, as with most people who consider themselves big sports fans, don't make judgments rationally. And who can blame them most of the time, it's fun to get emotional and incoherent about football sometimes. That works out great for all fans of team X when that team is doing well.

When that team starts doing poorly, what was acceptable dissent and disagreement is dealt with in the same emotional and unreasonable manner, and it becomes a lot less fun and enjoyable.

That's what is happening here. Rational sports discussion happens rarely on the internet. See claims like "i'm a fan 'til the end!!" and "20 year olds, they're just kids havin' fun!" and "fire bob stoops!"

Don't take it too seriously.

King Barry's Back likes this.
  11. tanjou

tanjou hello.gif

And it's okay to make fun of "your" team sometimes.

12. fossil

fossil New Member

:D Dude, you just need to take a chill pill and have a little patience. Oh yeah, the moran is the one who can't spell moron!!

13. fossil

fossil New Member

:D A moron who can't spell fer ****!!!

14. Snyder Cyclone

Snyder Cyclone New Member

a moran would be someone who constantly runs 1 or 2 zone or throws the the TB swing in the flat one too many times in crucial situations.

15. Jack T.

Jack T. Member

The catch-22 is that those of us who *do* remember it is just a game stop posting as much after a painful loss. . .which somehow makes us "bandwagon" fans when we come back to the boards after big wins.

16. OKLA21FAN

OKLA21FAN New Member

I know of one who is a Cardinal fan :pop:

17. tbl

tbl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Some people are really ****ed up. When bitching about your team = being a good fan then you're really ****ed up. A moran, squared.

MamaMia likes this.
  19. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Before Dean bans anymore of you square morans/morons/Mormons, I just want to let it be known that positive as I am about the future of Sooner football, I am also not happy that we are 5-4. But, no use complaining about it. The NCAA only takes away wins, not losses, and the only thing they're taking away now is players. Seeing how we don't have any liars around, we are stuck with the players we have and the record we have accumulated through our injury-plagued season. I'll deal with it, but not by complaining.

20. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

And don't get me wrong. Yell at your TV. Throw your hat at it. Spend the night tossing and turning trying to figure out what the hell is wrong. Then become a normal human being and get the **** over it. Jeez. Nobody wants to be 5-4. However, it's beyond stupid to say "being positive about this team = being happy with 5-4."