1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry guys...I think it's time for a new head coach.

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by SoonerStormchaser, May 5, 2008.

1. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

You don't get swept by KANSAS for the first time since 1979 and live to tell the tale. I mean c'mon...NINTH in the Big XII?!?!?!?!?

2. setem

setem DTF

I agree 100%

Sonny is running this program into the ground. Even though he is bring in great talent, he is not producing with it. This is a rebuilding year for us but that does not mean we should throw the season out the window. These guys proved they can play with the big boys when they split those 2 games with UCLA. Sonny has not motivated these guys to win big games...he has not motivated them to win PERIOD!

If OUr guys were getting better and it looked like we are on the up and up, then I might have some understanding. The fact that we most likely will not make the tournament shows that we not heading in a good direction. If we dont make the tournament then these guys will not have the experience of being there and come next year we will not be any better.

Also Sonny is a jerk and no one likes him!

Get his *** out of there!

SOONER STEAKER likes this.
  3. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Can he and Venables switch spots? :D

4. SOONER STEAKER

SOONER STEAKER New Member

It's agreed that SG must go.

Let's bring in "Lloyd 'ZERO' SIMMONS" to get the program back on track. The Seminole State Legend can bring back the mustard that is missing from our mess kit. If not "ZERO" why not the staff at OCU, Crabaugh and Lytle , they can win some games. I don't have all the answers for the baseball program, but the only solution is getting a new coach to guide our program in the right direction!!

5. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

So you've met him personally to make these conclusions?

6. setem

setem DTF

As a matter of fact I have met him! More than once for that matter. He looks down on high school coaches and he is just a mean guy in general.

7. Ardmore_Sooner

Just curious, because the times I've met him he was the total opposite. I know a lot of people run with what Traber says about him and never actually know the person. Wasn't bashing, just curious! :D

Baseball players I talk to say that he is a really nice guy.

8. poke4christ

poke4christ New Member

I heard Jim Trabber go off on the animal saying something very similar. He says that he just doesn't think he's a very good guy. He also precessed it by saying that he has nothing but good things to say about Stoops and Capel since people accuse him of being biased toward OU. I forget the name of the guy, but he said he had stabbed some other OU coach in the back who was lined up for the position. Not giving my own opinion (don't have one since I have no first hand experience) just trying to give an accurate retelling of what trabber said.

9. Ardmore_Sooner

Well I'm in with a lot of the guys at The Animal, and they all agree that Trabber has a very misconstrued view of Coach G.

10. poke4christ

poke4christ New Member

Sometimes one experience can sour your entire view on somebody. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened with trabber.

11. SOONER STEAKER

SOONER STEAKER New Member

SG is a good guy, but when you get to have to deal with him he becomes a monster who knows no wrong. IN dealing with Tom Holliday, Tom would tell ya off to your face so you respected the guy for giving his opinion. With SG, he just plays nice to your face and then when your not looking, he talks behind your back like the coward he is.

I wish Frank Anderson would have busted him in the chope when SG said he wanted to kick his butt at homeplate when OSU swept us at the Brick that year when Pistol Pete was on our dugout with the broom.

We'll have to put up with SG one more year as Joe C will not buy out SG's contract. Which is really sad for our baseball program. Joe C won't admit he made a mistake when he hired SG after Gene Stephenson walked on us.

It's a sad day for OU baseball as long as SG is leading the program further into the depths of being average at best.

12. OUmillenium

OUmillenium New Member

13. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

If this were happening in the football or hell even basketball threads this would have been locked already!

Don't care what your personal opinions are guys, coach was doing well up til this year. Pitching is in a rebuiliding mode and it shows. If this keeps up through next year, then by all means don't renew his contract. But to run him out the door now is just plain stupid.

Civicus_Sooner likes this.
  14. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Sleestak, LAST YEAR was supposed to be the rebuilding year. We sucked last year. This year, we were supposed to be good...and we suck even worse than last year. I can only shudder to see what happens next year if he's still at the helm.

15. Civicus_Sooner

Civicus_Sooner New Member

First of all Trabor is a well meaning guy but I think he gets his feelings hurt by being "Bigtimed" by people, and that is the sole reason why he dislikes some people.

I think Sunny is a very good game coach. I've been to several games and seen him pull every trick in the book. He's a smart basball guy, he's not a politician. This year is full of young guys and we've had some darn solid years with Sunny.

We've had some turnover this year and a couple of signees that got drafted. No way does Sunny deserve to be fired after one bad year.

16. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman "Love me two times, baby. Love me twice today..."

Anyone hear the discussion between Mr. Rodgers and Mr. Trabor? I caught a bit of it. They were going after each other's intregrity...WTFO?

17. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I agree he needs one more year but to say he is a very good game coach I disagree...he doesnt let his coaches coach and he does stupid stuff like having the #3 guy bunt with runners on base after the #3 guy already has a couple of hits, that is just an example of many of his wierd ideas

18. Taxman71

Taxman71 New Member

You mean this:

http://www.filedropper.com/traberrodgers

People don't get this worked up about OU football.

The last minute is the best if you just want to hear them gripe at each other.

19. poke4christ

poke4christ New Member

Here's the audio:

http://podcasting.fia.net/6779/2643616.mp3

Have to say it's pretty cool of the sports animal to post it.

20. ouradu

ouradu New Member

I assume that was yesterday, did they kiss and make up today?