1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooners vs. Whorns

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by C&CDean, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We really need to win game 3 and take this series. I don't remember the last time we beat ut in a baseball series?

2. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

3. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

The last time we beat them in a series was 1998.

Has anyone found a stream for this game? The LHN is completely worthless. At least with OU's deal with FOX, you can actually watch the games.

Also, if this game gets stopped early because of travel restrictions, like has happened in the past at UT, I am going to blow a gasket. There is no way this game should have started at 2.

4. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

4-2 OU Bot 8! Big 3 run Inning!

5. BoomerJack

BoomerJack New Member

The good guys hold on to win the game and the series. Had a big inning against their stud closer.

6. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

Huge series win!!!!!! Great to do it against their AA closer as well. We pitched great the whole weekend. We just need the bats to start producing more.

I have been hard on Mayfield, but I have to give it up to him today. Came through with three hits. Hopefully, it will carry over for the rest of the year. This was a huge mental win for this program!!

7. Collier11

Sole possession of 1st place after 3 series

8. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

right on.

9. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

nice win...BOOMER SOONER

10. ouflak

ouflak Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

Yay! Nice one! I've far too often been frustrated by this series.

11. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Hells yeah!

12. NMSooner'80

NMSooner'80 Member

I wonder what the meltdown would have been, had OU swept the Evil Bevoids, in Austin. They also had just lost two of three in Stillwater, and they have such disdain for all "Okies" that they've probably considered dropping their program.

13. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

I wonder if Augie is going to survive another year unless they have a miraculous recovery this year???

14. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

the men's sport coaching situ in Austin is on the verge of precarious. wasn't that long ago you'd think Mack, Augie, and Rick Barnes were pretty untouchable.

now? i dunno.

15. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's amazing what a 3 run inning will do for your demeanor. I went from "Why do we always **** our pants against horn?" to "Hell yeah! **** you horns!" in 15 mins.

16. BoomerJack

BoomerJack New Member

What was so discouraging until that breakout inning was the fact that the Sooners simply could not touch the UT starter. And they were striking out on the guy's changeup. They bring in their fireballing closer and we get to him for three runs. It can be summed in two words: "You never know!!"

17. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

Sorry late to this one..but Hell yea! Excellent, finally taking a series over them.

18. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Sunny has said more than once in interviews that his guys are fastball hitters. Throw us a bunch of junk and we look like the Bad News Bears.

19. Collier11

these bats have neutralized most of the country though