1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooners in the Draft

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by Collier11, Jun 6, 2013.

1. soonertravis

soonertravis New Member

Just heard he signed.

2. colston15

colston15 New Member

Picks in the first 10 rounds just don't go unsigned any longer.

3. colston15

colston15 New Member

Nottingham and Kohler have also signed. No surprise, but it always stings for a second.

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I really, really want our OU pitcher to come to Tulsa Drillers. Any idea where he's headed first? Here's a list of Rockies affiliates:

AAA: Colorado Springs Sky Sox
    AA: Tulsa Drillers
    Advanced A: Modesto Nuts
    A: Asheville Tourists
    Short season A: Tri-City Dust Devils

btw, minor league team nicknames kick arse

5. BoomerJack

BoomerJack New Member

My guess is that he'll go a Class A short season league and then probably to the Tulsa Drillers sometime later in the summer.

6. TumbleweedDoom

TumbleweedDoom New Member

He's headed to Grand Junction for rookie ball first. (You left that off the Rockies minor league affiliates.)

7. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

No chance he plays for the Drillers this season.

8. BoomerJack

BoomerJack New Member

Jake Fisher has signed with Dodgers and is to report to their Ogden affiliate in Pioneer League today.

9. OUmillenium

OUmillenium New Member

FYI - Trey M. signed and has already flown out for pro assignment

10. NMSooner'80

NMSooner'80 Member

I just saw on the Baseball America draft signees link, and former OU player Hunter Lockwood, who transferred to Weatherford JC, signed a pro deal. Pitching prospect Alec Hansen (Loveland, Colo.) hasn't signed with the Rockies, but junior pitcher Billy Waltrip did.

How is OU doing with its recent JUCO signings? I'd have to know some names so I could search the same site.