1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooners @ Clones

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Sooner95, Mar 2, 2015.

1. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

Totally, just totally disagree. We had the crowd out of the game, we had their team out of the game, and we had them right where we wanted them with very little room for error. Just a bad, bad mental error which opened the flood gates. Good game plan, good hustle really good execution up until that point.

2. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We called plenty of timeouts, and it just kept coming. Those things aren't magical.

3. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Lol.... what a collapse

4. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Just get on the bus guys....you blew it.

5. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Hopefully you learn from this and guys get that a basketball game consists of 40 minutes in college. Lon learns this isn't MJ and Scottie or Shaq and Kobe and he needs to settle these guys down when they get out of hand.

6. Eielson

Cousins is mentally tough.

7. Soonerjeepman

Ya need to go back and watch....kruger rarely takes a TO. I've said that for 3+years ....

8. Soonerjeepman

Ugh...mushmouth and frannie can't get clone **** out of there mouths....

9. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Ugh. Brutal.

I think this boiled down to getting a big lead and coasting. You just can't do that on the road against a good team.

This was the game I felt like we were probably going to lose (although, we should have been able to get the W). It just sets up next Saturday to be a huge game.

To lose a game like that, this late in the season, doesn't really present any lessons to be learned. It's too late for that. It is what it is, the team needs to let it go and move on to KU. All will be forgiven if we win that one.

10. Eielson

OU up 20 at TV timeout at 14:55
    - ISU goes on 8-0 run

OU up 12 at OU timeout at 14:04
    - ISU goes on 9-0 run

OU timeout at 11:37 and TV timeout 10:57
    - ISU goes on 9-4 run

TV timeout at 7:39
    - ISU continues to expand lead

I think you get the picture. There were plenty of play stoppages, and none of them stopped this magical "momentum" that Cousins created by pissing off Thor and Odin.

11. 8timechamps

Just looked back at the box score...

6:00 in the second half (from 15:14 to 9:14) we had no baskets. We ended up shooting a pathetic 36% (22-60). I can't separate the stats by halves, but I'd love to see our numbers from the first half compared to the second.

Just a total meltdown.

12. Soonerjeepman

No it wont....ku wins the league again... this was a total collapse..

13. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

That's right Buddy pat Isiah on the back, it's ok this choke job happened.

14. Soonerjeepman

These idiots actually think Ku is going to lose to WV.... no way.

15. 8timechamps

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss that. This is the weakest KU team in years, and WVU is a dangerous team.

It'll take WVU playing a great game, but there's no reason to dismiss the idea that it could happen. WVU already beat them once.

16. Soonerjeepman

Well, hopefully beat Ku.... the 2 seed will go to Isu....it'll come down to ksu, we got swept.... they split.

17. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Wow, you really don't get it. From 14:55 to 10:57 they gave up a 17-0 run and they used 1 timeout.

18. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

We didn't coast, coasting leads to a progressive chipping away of the lead. That thing happened fast. Real fast.

19. Soonerjeepman

No way....ku wins the title at home with a win. WV is hurting as well...ku wins by 10

WV won by 1 on a controversial call and had a shot to win as well.... that was with Stanton... is he still out?

20. 8timechamps

I'd rather have the 3 seed than the 2 seed (if we can't have the 1).

We'd have to probably play KU, but I'd rather not see ISU again.