1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooner Women & The 2014 Softball Tourney!

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by Sooner95, May 15, 2014.

1. BlackwellSooner

BlackwellSooner New Member

Yeah, my wife and I live in Blackwell now.

I'm wondering what is going to happen when they decide to resume play? Will ESPN still be carrying it, or will they switch to ESPN2? Or will, like happened last night, television coverage just be scrapped?

2. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I think they'll move it over to ESPNU, or ESPN3. Looks like there is are games scheduled on both ESPNU and ESPN2, so they may just do the same as last night. Should be available on ESPN3 though.

Looking at the radar, it doesn't look like they'll be restarting anytime soon. Now we gotta win, because if we have to play another game, it's going to be really, really late.

3. 8timechamps

The radar looks clear, so we should be back to playing soon.

Since ESPN is showing the UCLA/Kentucky game on ESPN and ESPNU, I suspect the OU/Tennessee game will be resumed on ESPNU once they get underway.

4. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

Appreciate the updates

5. Sooner95

According to ESPN, it will resume at 930 est on ESPN2

6. BlackwellSooner

BlackwellSooner New Member

ESPN2 just announced that when play resumes, it will be carried by ESPN2. Scheduled to start again at 8:30

7. Sooner95

Back on!

8. Sooner95

HR by Tenn..

1-0 T3

9. Sooner95

Just cant score tonight.

10. Sooner95

Leading Tenn 8-2 T7!

11. Sooner95

On to their 4th straight WCWS!! Face Alabama to open it.

Congrats ladies!

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  12. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

yup...followed it on gametracker...looked like we waited to light it up today. 3 HRs in the bottom of the 6th to seal it.

13. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

Chamberlain hit a bomb off the scoreboard today; that was pretty impressive for a gal with one good leg

14. 8timechamps

Today was a good game. Tennessee is a good team, they just didn't have the offense to beat our ladies. That's going to be a tall task for anyone in the WCWS. The first game (Alabama) will set the tone right out of the gate. The Tide have the better pitching, but the Sooners have the better lineup. If we can get the consistency from Stevens in the circle, that she's shown most of the year, I think we're going to be really hard to beat.

Whatever happens, hats off to Patty Gaso. She is the best coach in the game. I don't think many expected us to be back after losing the seniors we lost last season. 4 WCWS in row!

15. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Congrats to the Lady Sooners, going to the Women's College World Series again !!

5-0

16. Sooner95

Well, just to update.

Sooner Ladies knocked off La-Lafyette today 3-1. They now face #1seed Oregon in an elimination game tonight, winner facing Alabama for chance to got to Championship best of 3 games.

Good luck Ladies!!

17. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Not Sooner related, but that UK/BU game. You just absolutely don't know if it's over until it's actually over. Incredible rally.

18. Sooner95

Indeed. Great comeback by Baylor.

19. Sooner95

Well the run ends with a 4-2 defeat by Oregon.

Great 4 yrs run by this team. I suspect we will be right there next year as well!

20. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

Yes. They should probably be ranked in Top 3 next year as long as Chamberlain, Self, Williams come back injury free. I expect Kelsey to be improved and she should have some great help with Paige Parker. Shelby's sister, Nicole, broke the high school home run record too.