1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something Pat Jones often says

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by picasso, Jan 3, 2014.

1. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Good QB play can make everyone look smart.

2. winout

winout New Member

Yeah, and let's face it our receivers made some good to great catches last night. I was listening to most of the game on the radio as I was traveling and at one point they said a Derrick Woods made a key catch. I'm thinking the announcers messed up as I've never heard of this guy but when I watched the replay I see yes, we have a Derrick Woods.

3. ourichie

ourichie Member

I think we had something like 8 or 9 different people catch the ball. And we even threw it to our TE

4. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Moren once actually...

5. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

Indeed we did. I only remember one easy pass dropped and a number of very good catches.

Knight in now way looked like the QB at the start of the year that was overthrowing open receivers. Quite a few completions last night were in some pretty tight windows. The deep TD pass to Saunders was perfection.

6. winout

winout New Member

Yeah, Saunders TD catch over the head and then Bester had one down the sideline that was dropped in perfectly and I think was on 3rd down. Wow.

7. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

Actually completing the deep ball is certainly a great equalizer when you don't run the ball effectively. That and quality (and timely) screen passes (or shovel passes) for YAC especially when you need the yardage on 3rd down and you're just not as good as your opponent in the trenches.
    TK's game last night sort of reminded me of Derp's game against us this year in the RRR. Both were unconscious with the deep ball, and that sort of screws up any defense no matter how good the game plan or the defensive player execution.
    I still can't forgive Heupel for his lame offensive game plan and play calling against the whorns this year, but last night brilliant game plan/play calling gets him a reprieve for another year. We definitely need to get better in the trenches though and continue to upgrade our running play design so we don't have to rely on our QB constantly being on fire to win a game or so we don't have to throw on 3rd and 1 or 2 yards for a 1st.
    Last nights shifts and even the late huddle near the LOS and then the shift confused the 'Bama defense, imo. Hopefully, this will get Heupel over the hump, so to speak.

8. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm not saying it wasn't a masterful coaching job all the way around.
    And Pat seems to use this theiry more for NFL ball but it is true.
    Kind of like a great RB makes high school teams really good!