1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So when do we have enough WRs?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Fraggle145, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

I pride Jay Norvell on his efforts. He has done a great job this and last season shoring up our WR core. He actually seems to be one of the few coaches that has his **** together when it comes to recruiting. But really how many WRs do we need to take every year?

2. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Josh is an ex-QB, you think he can EVER have too many WR's?

3. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Some of these guys are probably DBs at OU. With the way that high school teams are going to the spread, most of the guys that we'd recruit for the defensive side of the ball are now playing offense in high school. Basically, you give them a shot at WR to see how they do and if they don't stick then make them a corner.

4. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

crap, I was thinking DT or LBers...

;-)

5. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

we don't need those anymore

6. boomersooner28

boomersooner28 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I can see it now....new formation: LT,C,RT QB,RB 6 WR's

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  7. OkieThunderLion

OkieThunderLion New Member

WR was a big need. I'd suspect OU will take 3 more next year.

On-campus, OU only has just the 3 seniors (Bester, Reynolds, Saunders), and 4 younger guys (Neal, Metoyer, Shepard, Woods - could end up a DB).

I'd suspect they'd like to redshirt a few of the 4 incoming guys.

8. OkieThunderLion

The only current needs I see are OL and LB, maybe a TE. Assuming the DTs are okay academically.

9. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Maybe a TE? Surely you jest!

And you can never have enough DT's, we certainly don't.

10. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

We have a TE?

11. OkieThunderLion

Even if Lindley and Favors both move back to LB, they still have 16 DL next year, with only 1 being a senior.

12. boomersooner28

boomersooner28 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What is a TE? Is that like a Boomer Sooner ringtone?

13. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

honestly i'd use this year to grab DTs instead of OL. Then swap the guys who don't make it at DT over to offense.

14. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I'd rather see a change in the one QB per class philosophy, than giving up more WRs.

15. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

How so? I'm still remembering 2005 myself.

16. 8timechamps

I'd like to see the Sooners not feel committed to signing a QB in every class. Take this year as an example, I'm sure Cody Thomas is a decent QB, but I would rather the Sooners have used the offer for another DT or take another WR (if Treadwell wants to come).

17. OkieThunderLion

Thomas is a stud, reminds me of another Landry/Bradford-type. But I'm afraid he may go baseball.

18. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Anyone know what Nila K is doing? I dont' see him on depth charts and, although I didn't see much to write home about in his performance, I had hoped for a big year for him. And I just like the guy. Makes me smile.

A good football motto: "You can never have too many angry Polynesians on your team."

19. 8timechamps

He'll be back 100% for the summer workouts. Not sure why he isn't listed on the depth charts, but he will see a lot of playing time next year.

20. 8timechamps

He's good, but nowhere near the best in this year's class, and wasn't the first choice for the Sooners. I'm with you though, I'm not sure he'll stick around to play football.