1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So much for freedom of the press

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by TitoMorelli, May 19, 2013.

1. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If we can ever get to the point that we, the Europeans and the Chinese stop buying their oil, we can simply ignore them and let them enjoy the fruits of religious fundamentalism that they so richly deserve. After a generation or two of ignorance, primitive living conditions, mutual suspicion and hatred, misogyny, disease and general misery, some goodly portion will ditch the mosque and join the modern world.

2. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

my dad was in the Phillipines, awaiting an American invasion of Japan. He said he's never seen such euphoria when it was announce the US dropped two A-bombs instead of invading Japan, actually saving countless lives in japan, and virtually all the American troops that were scheduled to invade.

3. KantoSooner

If we're going to talk the atomic bombings, my fairly conservative neighborhood bar owner in Tokyo put it about right.

His comments, in no particular order:

1. If we'd (a Japanese person speaking, remember) had had it, we sure as hell would have used it on you.

2. It was a war, both sides were doing whatever it took to win.

3. By winning faster, you saved your own solidiers, which is the responsibility of your president and generals. You also saved a lot of Japanese.

4. By ending the war faster, you kept the Russians out of the main islands.

5. By ending the war faster, you saved hundreds of thousands of Japanese troops in the field from being slaughtered by the locals.

6. Through the fear generated in the Russians by your demonstration of the bomb, you got to dictate terms for the occupation of Japan and were able to turn most of the Pacific into an American lake...which was to be greatly preferred to any other alternatives.

7. If anyone has a right to bitch, it's the people who were there. Young kids from other cities, countries or cultures should go find their own cause or STFU.

I loved that old man. He had the fame to be the last Japanese captain sunk in WWII. He was first mate on a cargo ship in the Guilf of Thailand and they were engaged by a US sub. Once they were crippled, the captain shot himself in the head and left Miyake on the bridge. 19 years old. He decided "Eff it" and drove the ship onto the beach whereupon he and the rest of the sailors baled out.

Always poured an honest shot, too.

Chuck Bao and TitoMorelli like this.
  4. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Id Drank a Sake with him

5. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sounds like a movie in there somewhere....

6. KantoSooner

he ran a little yakitori place, charcoal grilled skewers of chicken along with drinks. Introduced me to 'awamori' which is distilled black cane molasses. Runs about 120 proof. tastes like white rum. A Happy drink on a summer's evening, sitting around, listening to the Japanese versions of several guys around here bitch about the Koreans, the Chinese, the Russians, basically everybody who's not Japanese.

7. olevetonahill

So the Asian version of OVJ :single_eye:

8. olevetonahill

So the Asian version of OVJ :single_eye:

9. diverdog

diverdog New Member

did you ever try grilled chicken feet? I thought they were pretty tasty.

10. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Pretty much like grilled bone, no?

11. KantoSooner

grilled (or barbecued) chicken feet are awesome. All cartilage and skin and sauce without having to mess with dry meat. They are to wings what wings are to the rest of the chicken.

12. KantoSooner

And yes, Vet, very much like OVJ.

13. olevetonahill

What the hell Ya do with em? Pick yer teeth?

14. KantoSooner

bite the skin off the bones. And, admit it, your favorite part of fried or bbq'd chicken is the skin.

15. olevetonahill

Not really , I usually take the skin off before cookin unless Im makin Chicken an Dumplin. then after its Cooked I toss it.

16. KantoSooner

You're missing the best part. Crispy chicken skin, mmmm, mmmm, good. Potato chips of the Gods.

17. olevetonahill

Yea, And Mother Goose will be gettin on yerass, :pirate:

18. KantoSooner

I'm trolling so hard, it's epic.

19. KantoSooner

But it's part of a cunning plan: give up chicken skin, frying in lard, salt, sweet tea and other unnecessaries in order to save liquor, red meat, tortilla chips, bacon and other truly non-negotiable items.

20. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Dont sound strong enuf...:devilish: