1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So if the bugeaters beat the whorns in KC

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by tbl, Nov 20, 2009.

1. tbl

tbl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

...and Bama beats Florida, TCU goes in? Cincy? Boise State? How glorious that would be... especially if they won.

2. rawlingsHOH

rawlingsHOH New Member

It would be TCU (over Boise and Cincy), but the possibility remains that a one-loss SEC team would remain above them.

3. soonerlaw

soonerlaw New Member

If a non big conf. school like TCU could win the BCS, it would turn the system on its head. I would love to see it.

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I could see voters bedowngrade the loser of the SEC game to avoid a rematch.

TCU in the championship would be awesome. I think they could pull it off, and I'm not just saying that in a wishful thinking type way.

Also, Texas losing the Big 12 championship rocks. It would ensure that two Big 12 teams would get BCS invites and let's face it - it ain't gonna happen any other way, regardless of what signage the Poke fans held up last night.

5. tbl

tbl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Please bugeaters... PLEASE!!!!

6. Snyder Cyclone

Snyder Cyclone New Member

Zebras most likely would not allow Bugeaters to win.

7. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

the horns would drop out for sure

a 1 loss SEC champ is still getting in

now yall don't give up on Cincy just yet. They play number 9 Pitt soon

they could jump

8. sooner ngintunr

sooner ngintunr Well-Known Member

Boise would drop out. * would get an at large,

9. JLEW1818

so 10 teams get Bcs bowls

6 are automatic (12,sec,10,acc,east,pac)

4 left

SEC loser, TCU, Boise, Texas/NEB

??

10. badger

Any other eligible school > Boise State.

The only way Bwaaaaa Estate gets in at this point is if TCU loses and thus, the auto must go to Boyz.

11. sooner ngintunr

yep. BSU will go if * wins Big12 CG though.

12. JLEW1818

ERRR 4 LOSSES BY A COMBINED 12 POINTS

13. badger

Nah.

When BS went to a bowl game other than its normal hometown Humanitarian, hardly any fans showed up.

The TCU/BS was tabbed as an excellent matchup, but it hurt Boise's local economy because all of the home fans didn't go to the home game... they went to San Diego or wherever the hell the Broncos went last year.

When BS went to the Fiesta Bowl, they bought out their allotment, yes... but just the allotment itself isn't gonna cut it. Unless you're playing LSU in the Superdome, schools are expected to sell waaaaaaay beyond the allotment in order for a full stadium experience. BS can't offer the same butt-in-seat number that bigger schools can.

And thus, for primarily those two reasons, BS stays home in the Humanitarian... unless, of course, they are required by BCS rules to be invited to a BCS game.

14. JLEW1818

if Boise is undefeated they are going. so is TCU

i really think so

i really think Boise and TCU are better than Penn State and Ohio State

15. JLEW1818

teams going

Florida Texas
    G. Tech TCU
    Iowa Boise
    Bama Cincy
    Oregon Ohio State

Penn St won't go over Iowa . Iowa beat them, same record

16. Denton_Sooner

Denton_Sooner New Member

Fixed...:D

JLEW1818 likes this.
  17. JLEW1818

maybe, they did play each other earlier this year.

18. badger

OK, people, we can do this!

There are 10 golden tickets!

Current BCS standings are as follows:

As per the Rose Bowl a few years ago, we know that even a lowly 16th-ranked team can get an invite over a higher-ranked team in the name of tradition and butts-in-seats necessity. However, we cannot ignore the rules that only two teams from each conference can get an invite, so let's revise that accordingly...

The top four go, so there are now six golden tickets left of these eligible teams:

The BCS must take the conference champion if they have not already from the major conferences, so there are now two golden tickets left among these eligible teams:

You have to select two teams out of those five... I see the BCS selecting Iowa and Va Tech.

Of course, we all know Poke State has another loss coming to them, and there's a few weeks left for rankings to switch up... so moot point, I guess.

okiewaker likes this.
  19. soonervegas

soonervegas New Member

My lock of the year is that Texas cannot be Nebraska in KC this year....any takers?

20. sooner ngintunr

I'll raise you and say Texas cannot be Nebraska anywhere, even in Nebraska!!:D