1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I met a girl...

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by SicEmBaylor, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue

Rogue Answers - 25 Cents

Compliments = :D

Oh, and stare at her bewbs. They love that! ;)

2. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Now half of this is probably good advice. I'm really bad at complimenting women. I feel like they'll think I'm some sort of creepy perv if I say anything the least bit nice about their looks. What exactly is appropriate to say when you don't know someone very well?

I guess something basic like, "you look nice this evening."

3. tulsaoilerfan

tulsaoilerfan Ready for Baseball Season

Whip out your big 'spekker; that always impresses the ladies. :)

4. Rogue

Rogue Answers - 25 Cents

Yup, that works. So does a basic compliment like one of her girlfriends would give her. "I love your hair." "You look like you just left the salon!"
    Yeah, I'm not very good at this either. Wasn't there a thread last night about 101 ways to say "nice a$$?"

5. Rogue

Rogue Answers - 25 Cents

We're gonna have you all messed up like learning a new golf swing.
    "Head down, comfortable grip, eye on the ball, exhale..." will become
    "Compliment, confidence, tell a joke, smile, do something chivalrous, don't talk about politics, don't mention Branson..."

:D

6. SicEmBaylor

It'll be hard not to talk politics. We both belong to the same political organization and this BBQ is a Presidential Debate watch party. ;)

7. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

SicEm, you are actually on to something there...good jorb. Women were little girls once, and if they had a good father and male role model in their life, they likely have been complimented continuously since birth. Compliments are great, but they don't resonate like we think they would. What works pretty well is, listen but don't try to solve issues...suggest something that makes her say "yes", like would you help me _______? Women are naturally supportive and for some reason, assisting a d00d she is interested in acts like a small investment in any future friendship/relationship. Finally, if you really dig this chick, interact with her like you are already dating...pretend in your mind that she is your girlfriend and do things that seem assumptive. Not exactly "confidence", but it will come across to her as that for sure. Also, stare at those bewbs but don't flinch if you get caught...that's the sign of guilt. Hey, we are supposed to stare and she knows it.

We do have some wimmins on this board that should be able to chime in here...I am limited in what I can share as I have spent my life with a kickstand.

SicEmBaylor likes this.
  8. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

When she walks up (or vice versa) the first time, say something like "hey, nice to see you tonight" and look at her eyes. Not THOSE eyes, her REAL eyes. Make a mental note what color they are. (You've basically got 4 options: blue, brown, green, and gray.)

Personally, I'd skip a generic compliment like "you look great tonight" - the subtle implication is that on other nights she DOESN'T look great.

While she's responding notice if anything she's wearing matches OR contrasts with her eyes and say something like "hey, that top matches your eyes perfectly" or "your jacket really lights up your hair" - something like that.

If nothing else fall back on the humorous twist: "you look fantastic tonight... not that that's unusual or anything." You have to deliver that one right, though, with a half-smile so she knows that YOU know that was dumb and you said it anyway. If she's into you at all, that will get a laugh out of her.

After that you're on your own. ;)

proud gonzo likes this.
  9. SicEmBaylor

I'm ******.

frankensooner likes this.
  10. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

Aw, man. What, did you resort to the "Hey, Steve! Boobs!" line with a thumbs-up gesture? That one never works.

proud gonzo likes this.
  11. SicEmBaylor

Hah, no. This is an anticipatory "I'm ******." I won't see her until Tuesday or Wednesday(I forget which day the next debate is). I'll ask her then.

Actually, I'm thinking of just sending her a message on Facebook asking if she wants to get together or something.

12. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

[youtube]NVCRgI2Ld7U[/youtube]

If you have any musical ability play this for her on your guitar.

13. SicEmBaylor

"When I'm horny like thirsty, you're a bottle of water."

yermom and proud gonzo like this.
  14. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Seriously, stare at her cleavage all night long. It's the key to seeing what's under her shirt. :texan:

15. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I like how everyone really thinks you met someone.

Good one, Sic Em!

16. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

17. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I was wondering when you would show up, PG! :D

18. salth2o

salth2o New Member

Tell her you are a Master Debater and would like to show her your skillz.

19. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I can't miss a fail-fest ;)

SicEmBaylor and Lott's Bandana like this.
  20. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Oh, and my grandpa says "you look nice this evening" worked great for him..

SicEmBaylor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.