1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showbiz Pizza Lady

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Eddie Money, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Eddie Money

Eddie Money Active Member

Does anyone remember this lady at Showbiz Pizza on SW 74th and Walker?

If you were there, I do not need to elaborate.

2. Eddie Money

Surely, there is someone.

3. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

I haven't seen a Showbiz Pizza since I was 4.

4. Eddie Money

I am not going to go into detail, but anyone who went there probably during the entire decade of the 80's knows of this phenomena, and if they were a child, they were probably scarred by it.

5. Al Gore

Al Gore New Member

WTF......

6. Eddie Money

I am waiting to see if anyone remembers, then it will be on Dateline. I will give up eventually.

7. ultimatesooner1

ultimatesooner1 New Member

8. Eddie Money

You wouldn't want one if there was.

9. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

Sooner Born Sooner Bred SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is that her in your avatar?

10. Al Gore

Al Gore New Member

Money....what's the deal....give us the story!!! Was she ugy...one arm????

11. Eddie Money

Okay, I give up. There was this large woman in a muumu that would be there every day sitting in the corner, rocking back and forth kinda like Rain Man. The rocking did not stop, she did not look around or eat pizza, she just sat there in her booth, looking down at the table and rocking. She was completely oblivious to all of the wild ass rugrats and their birthday parties.

This in itself was odd, but not something you would remember for 20 years. But that is not all of the story. When the musical robot animals took the stage, or rather, were switched on, this lady went from odd to a character in a David Lynch movie.

Once that Gorilla started kicking out the jams, she gripped the far edge of the booth as though gravity had quit working and started rocking so voilently that I am sure to this day that building has foundational problems. Hair whipping back and forth, grunting, threatening to tear the table out of the ground.

As a child, you are fascinated by this, and yet you try to ignore it because, hey, you don't get to go to Showbiz everyday and you sure as hell don't want to be thinking about rocking lady when you are supposed to be jumping in the ball pit and playing skee ball. So you looked out of the corner of your eye at the tempest in a mumu with the hair flying and try to push it out of your mind and focus on singing Gorillas and a Dog that plays the saxaphone.

Once the music stopped, she went back to the normal, mid tempo rocking, waiting for the band to play those songs again. Then it was time to go play whack-a-mole and try to supress part of the Showbiz Pizza experience.

That is what I was talking about.

12. NYSooner1355

NYSooner1355 New Member

Hey, I had probably three birthday parties there in the early 80's, not sure if I had them at the one you are talking about (I'm not even sure if there is more than one)...but I sure as hell don't remember this person you are talking about...

I loved Showbiz!! what great memories...

I miss Oklahoma :(

13. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

She was part of the show. Duh, she was a robot too.

14. NYSooner1355

NYSooner1355 New Member

15. Eddie Money

Wow. The Rock-A-Fire Explosion. That is a fossil!

[​IMG]

16. Eddie Money

17. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

We used to eat pizza at Godfather's then go play the games at Grossbiz.

18. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

19. Eddie Money

How would you like to go on a date with this guy and then come back to his apartment and see that bigass robot bear on a stage?

20. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

I can imagine:
    He'd have the lights turned down low, we'd be making out on the couch and then the curtains would fly open and that bear would start in with his shtick.