1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[shakes head]

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by jkm the stolen pifwafwi, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

If he was already released, he would not need permission. Once a release from a scholarship is granted, it's granted.

2. RedstickSooner

RedstickSooner New Member

I agree with JKM here - the main thing that'd bother me about Stoops getting involved is that it sorta implies he's *real* unhappy with our QB situation. Which'd mean he wasn't confident in Thompson.

Obviously Stoops would know the kid had caused trouble - he has access to the same news the rest of us do. Probably even better than that.

If Stoops, in spite of knowing the kid's history as a team cancer, still pursued the kid -- then that'd show something bordering on desperation as far as QB needs.

Considering that, technically, we have the same amount of depth at QB now as we did in the Spring, that desperation implies that he doesn't have faith in the QBs we have (in the Spring we had the same backups, the difference was that Thompson was a WR. With him moved to QB, the backups remain the same - we just have one fewer wideout)

3. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

forgive me for trying to be funny... but it would make more sense for him to go to arizona, you must admit.

4. RedstickSooner

RedstickSooner New Member

Oh, and another thing - if the kid only has one year to play, how retarded does he have to be going to Nebbish?

I mean, c'mon - we're a national title contender that just lost our starting QB. If the kid really had *any* interest in being a big-time player, we would've been his first choice.

5. Octavian

Octavian SoonerFans.com Elite Member

ole dude couldn't have played until '07.

6. Vaevictis

Vaevictis SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Dude couldn't play here until next year in any case, yes?

We might just be desperate in '07.

7. Readyfor8

Readyfor8 New Member

I would rather have Bradford, or Halze play next year than this kid. He is an overhyped player, playing at an overhyped school, for an overhyped coach, with overhyped stats. In short, I don't think I care too much for him and I would rather have a 3 or 4 year starter from in state at the helm next season anyway, if the Defense can hold up a decent year for a young QB

8. Readyfor8

Readyfor8 New Member

9. BlackShirtBeast

BlackShirtBeast New Member

You dont know **** about this kid. Look at his stats from last year before he got hurt before you make a dumbass comment like that.

10. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Dude...this guy has ISSUES...the team BEGGED for him NOT to be the starter.

You are getting sloppy seconds---enjoy.

11. BlackShirtBeast

who in the hell said they BEGGED???

If thats the case i'll gladly take sloppy seconds than what you got--enjoy.

12. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

His stats were exactly the same as any Dirk Koetter QB, great against bad teams and average against good teams.

13. Partial Qualifier

Partial Qualifier SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And we pretty much own Nebraska so take your little headcase outcast QB --enjoy.

14. Harry Beanbag

The media.

15. BlackShirtBeast

agan, look up his stats against the teams he played and then respond.

16. Partial Qualifier

Partial Qualifier SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Dude don't come over here defending this deal. This kid had some skill but his own teammated tipped the coach off to some things... Koetter's back wasn't against a wall, so whatever got brought to light was enough for the coach to bench him and ultimately release him from scholarship, depsite his talent.

Now he's yours --enjoy

17. SoonerBorn68

SoonerBorn68 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Black**** he's a perfect fit for your team.

18. Harry Beanbag

I did genius. He had great games against Temple, Northwestern, and Oregon State. He also had a great game against LSU, which was Tigerbait's first game, changed to Tempe from Baton Rouge at the last minute, after the entire Katrina fiasco. He threw 5 INTs against a weak USC defense.

19. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I expect nothing less from the bugeaters...they are becoming more and more like Aggies everyday.

20. zeke

zeke New Member

If he is a Dick, he will fit in WELL at Neb